Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
Dave.h.md
Dave.h.md began at the beginning.

Device: nookcolor
update hanging?

Manually downloaded update 1.5 to desktop, dragged/dropped to nk main, ejected nk. Waited, waited, now about two hours later nothing, no reboot no update recognition - Nada, has this update worked manually for anyone else, if so how long for a reboot?

on a side note can anyone point me in the direction of an explanation on how to have calibre send books to sd/myfiles/books as apposed to sd/ I have been looking for a few hours with no luck. Everything I have come across details older versions that have slightly diff. methods then 7.47.
Dave.h.md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
gintzj
Connoisseur
gintzj began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi model
Calibre after the nook with a sd card will ask your with drive you like to send the book to on the top bar
gintzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Just to be certain, did you unzip the file? The file you place on the nook for the update should be .dat, not .zip (signed_bravo_update.dat).
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
Dave.h.md

Boneheaded move here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Just to be certain, did you unzip the file? The file you place on the nook for the update should be .dat, not .zip (signed_bravo_update.dat).
I was not being very attentive here, I have a nook color not a nook and went to the wrong update page. This update is not for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by gintzj View Post
Calibre after the nook with a sd card will ask your with drive you like to send the book to on the top bar
Not exactly sure what your saying here, I select the book/s that I wish to transfer, select storage card a - and the books end up in the main directory of the sd card ex. sd/ and therefore do not show in my library. They should be in the book folder of the sd card something like sd/myfiles/books where they will be seen by the nookcolor and appear in my library. I do not know enough to change the template under preferences/send to device to make this happen.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #5
Dave.h.md

Well after a few frustrating days...I updated calibre to 7.48 and when I attempted to customize the nook color plugin...ta-da...I was greeted with file and directory options as apposed to "Plugin does not need customization." I simply added My Files/ to the tempate string and now I have full control of my book placement!
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.h.md View Post
Well after a few frustrating days...I updated calibre to 7.48 and when I attempted to customize the nook color plugin...ta-da...I was greeted with file and directory options as apposed to "Plugin does not need customization." I simply added My Files/ to the tempate string and now I have full control of my book placement!
You can also achieve the same thing (using any version) by choosing Preferences > Sending Books to Devices (under Import/Export)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 3.png
Views:	293
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	67891  
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
Dave.h.md

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
You can also achieve the same thing (using any version) by choosing Preferences > Sending Books to Devices (under Import/Export)
i tried and tried different ways my files/ - with space/without
My Files/Books - again with and without spacing
i tried listing the exact address including the drive letter

i just could not figure out what format/string setting/way to type it...so i was stuck
Old 03-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.h.md View Post
i tried and tried different ways my files/ - with space/without
My Files/Books - again with and without spacing
i tried listing the exact address including the drive letter

i just could not figure out what format/string setting/way to type it...so i was stuck
When you're ready to transfer your books...From the menu bar at the top of the screen select Send to Device > Send to Storage Card A

You don't include the drive letter or anything for the storage card location in the Preferences > Sending Books to Devices.

My Files/Books/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

If you run the Welcome Wizard and choose NOOKcolor as your device, it will automatically send the books to My Files/Books.

Last edited by SCION; 03-06-2011 at 09:29 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote