Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #1321
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I don't know if this is possible currently, but is there a way to put a review link at the end of a chapter? That way I could easily just tap it with my Kindle and quickly write a review (after logging in with the Kindle browser). I mainly use fanfiction.net if that information helps.

Also, as always, thank you for your continued development and efforts for this great plugin.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #1322
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
I don't know if this is possible currently, but is there a way to put a review link at the end of a chapter? That way I could easily just tap it with my Kindle and quickly write a review (after logging in with the Kindle browser). I mainly use fanfiction.net if that information helps.
I believe you've asked for that before. It's on the 'wishlist' at any rate. I'm still not inclined to go back through all the adapters to add code to collect review links--especially not by individual chapters.

Also, ffnet doesn't have review links as such on chapters anymore. They have a box right on the chapter page. There's a more conventional link on the m.fanfiction.net version, but it requires a storytextid parameter that FFDL isn't saving.

But with the introduction since then of additional format customization, there is something closer.

FFDL does keep each chapter URL internally. It's not terribly difficult for me to include chapter url in the available parameters. Attached version does that, allowing something like this:
Code:
[epub]
# valid: ${chapter} ${index} ${number} ${url}
chapter_end:
 <p class="skip_on_ffdl_update">
 <a href="${url}">Chapter ${number} URL</a>
 </p>
 </body>
 </html>
(The skip_on_ffdl_update class is also new in this version to prevent ending up with several chapter urls on update.)

That at least takes you directly to the chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
Also, as always, thank you for your continued development and efforts for this great plugin.
You're welcome.

UPDATE - Apr 11 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-11-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Advert
Old 04-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #1323
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Attached is a new version with support for three new sites:
  • tokra.fandomnet.com
  • netraptor.org/fanfiction/
  • asr3.slashzone.org/archive/
I'd appreciate feedback on whether these sites work correctly or not--preferably from the people who requested them, but some were over on the google site, so we'll see.
Thank youuu asr3 is working fine so far. I only tested it with single chapter stories, will report it, if I find problems.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:42 AM   #1324
getsomecash
getsomecash began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, iPad
Hi there, I wondered if there's a way for me to edit how Anthologies are default named? Meaning if I wanted to prevent the addition of 'Anthology' on the end of the title or change it to another word, if that's possible. I thought it would be in the personal.ini setting but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks, and thank you very much for this plugin. The best thing to come to ebooks since calibre itself I say
Old 04-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #1325
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsomecash View Post
Hi there, I wondered if there's a way for me to edit how Anthologies are default named? Meaning if I wanted to prevent the addition of 'Anthology' on the end of the title or change it to another word, if that's possible. I thought it would be in the personal.ini setting but I couldn't find anything.
There hasn't been.

I've considered it a couple times, but I never came up with a solution I was happy with. I'd like to use the replace_metadata feature, but the anthology metadata is collected together after that step is done and is in a different form internally by then. Plus, if you change the title of an existing anthology book, FFDL won't add the "Anthology" back on if it's updated. So we're really only talking about new anthologies.

I've attached a new version that contains what I think might be a reasonable compromise. It adds a new ini parameter that will be used for new anthology names that you can change:

Code:
[defaults]
## Uses a python template substitution.  The ${title} is the default
## title of a new anthology, <series name> in the case of a series, or
## the first book title otherwise.  This is only applied to new
## anthologies.
anthology_title_pattern:${title} Anthology
Let me know how it works for you. I hope to release a new version tonight or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsomecash View Post
Thanks, and thank you very much for this plugin. The best thing to come to ebooks since calibre itself I say
High praise indeed. Thanks.

UPDATE Apr 12 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-12-2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 04:18 AM   #1326
getsomecash
getsomecash began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, iPad
Quote:
There hasn't been.

I've considered it a couple times, but I never came up with a solution I was happy with. I'd like to use the replace_metadata feature, but the anthology metadata is collected together after that step is done and is in a different form internally by then. Plus, if you change the title of an existing anthology book, FFDL won't add the "Anthology" back on if it's updated. So we're really only talking about new anthologies.

I've attached a new version that contains what I think might be a reasonable compromise. It adds a new ini parameter that will be used for new anthology names that you can change:

Code:
[defaults]
## Uses a python template substitution.  The ${title} is the default
## title of a new anthology, <series name> in the case of a series, or
## the first book title otherwise.  This is only applied to new
## anthologies.
anthology_title_pattern:${title} Anthology
Let me know how it works for you. I hope to release a new version tonight or tomorrow.

High praise indeed. Thanks.
Worked just fine Definitely a good compromise. Easy to change for those of us that want to. Thanks for even considering it
Old 04-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #1327
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Release

Version 1.7.23 - 12 Apr 2013
  • New site: netraptor.org
  • New site: asr3.slashzone.org
  • New site: tokra.fandomnet.com
  • Remove defunct site: www.jlaunlimited.com
  • Fix author URLs for several sites with leading 'dir' in URL.
  • Fix for no chapter name for one chapter stories on TtH.
  • Improved error handling for mobi issues.
  • Add 'url' to chapter custom formats and class="skip_on_ffdl_update" for updates.
  • Add anthology_title_pattern feature.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #1328
thomasmorus
Connoisseur
thomasmorus began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Using FFN Favorite list

Hello all

First thanks for the SW works quite nice.
Question: Is there e possibility to import the URL's through the FFN favorite list. Mine is quite extensive (about 700) and it is quite hard to do it manually or for every item one at a time

Thanks

Thomas
Old 04-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #1329
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Not off of the usual ffnet author page, no.

But you can using the mobile page(s). Change the www.fanfiction.net to m.fanfiction.net and click the Fav: Stories link. Then you can use the FFDL Get URLs from Web Page feature. m.fanfiction.net splits long lists like yours into pages, but IMO, you shouldn't be launching several hundred downloads at once anyway.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #1330
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Aha! I bet you'd hoped you'd heard the last of me! After a long hiatus of everything working perfectly, I've managed to find another weird obscure little problem when downloading stories from FiMFiction. There's a workaround and it's super rare, so no biggie, but I figure this might reveal some sort of underlying problem that could be worth dealing with.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/96607/ and http://www.fimfiction.net/story/98175/ both reported success when I downloaded them (they were listed among the "good" stories), and the text of the story was properly turned into an epub, but then when the library actually updated they were marked as ffdl_failed and most of their metadata columns weren't populated. But when I tried them again in a fresh blank default library they downloaded just fine. So I did some trial-and-error testing to see which particular difference between my library and the default was causing the failure, and I found that it was the "update calibre cover when updating metadata" option. When it's checked the problem occurs for these stories, when it's unchecked everything works correctly.

Neither of these stories appeared to have a cover image associated with it on the site, but FFDL's logs report that it's downloading cover images and in one of the stories' descriptions the author thanks the artist for an image. When I looked inside the generated epubs I found nonfunctional image files, and checking one of them out revealed that it was actually an HTML file that had been renamed as a .jpg instead. Apparently the authors mis-linked the images and FFDL choked when it tried to process them.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #1331
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@FaceDeer - Do you use "no_image_processing: true"? Because that's the only way I can replicate this issue.

You're right, it's an obscure little corner case. But it's pretty easy to put another try/except around the set_cover call and that seems to handle it.

At least as far as calibre metadata update goes. If you run with "no_image_processing: true", then you have to live with the occasional bad source image in your epub.

Please make sure that the attached version fixes the problem for you.

UPDATE Apr 25, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-25-2013 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 04-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #1332
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
I do use that. I see how I missed finding that in my search for the settings responsible, I commented out the fimfiction section of my personal.ini but left the global stuff like that alone. Sorry about the incomplete repro steps for an obscure bug like this, hope it wasn't too much extra trouble tracking it down.

I don't mind having corrupted source data downloaded and saved like that, it's easy enough to remove later if I notice it and it's a bother. Better than trying to recover from corrupted *processed* data if I discover it once the original source is no longer online.

I'll give the attached version a spin.

Edit: Yup, it works. Thanks!

Last edited by FaceDeer; 04-24-2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: result of local testing
Old 04-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #1333
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
I just started trying to get some stories off of AO3 and I have a couple questions.

I understand that AO3 has a few extra metadata entries. So, I created a few new columns and added this to my personal ini settings:

Code:
[archiveofourown.org]

## AO3 adapter defines a few extra metadata entries.
extra_valid_entries:fandoms,freefromtags,ao3categories
fandoms_label:Fandoms
freefromtags_label:Freeform Tags
ao3categories_label:AO3 Categories

custom_column_settings:
 fandoms=>#newfandoms, r
 freefromtags=>#newfftags, r
 ao3categories=>#ao3categories, r
Am I correct that this should filter those metadata entries to my custom columns?

My other question has to do with changing the metadata in other columns. I had no problem changing the characters and category to the way I wanted it. However, when I tried to the same to the relationships metadata, it would not change. Here's an edited version of my code (I cut out some of the entries in the fandom and characters section as those worked fine):

Code:
 #fandom
 category=>The Hobbit \(2012\)=>LOTR.Hobbit
 category=>The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien=>LOTR.Hobbit

#characters 
 characters=>^Ori - Character$=>Ori&&category=>LOTR

#relationships 
 relationships=>Bilbo Baggins=>Book/Comics.LOTR.\1
 relationships=>Dwalin/=>Book/Comics.LOTR.\1
The fandom and characters section changed how I wanted, but the relationships column did not add the "Book/Comics.LOTR." that I wanted it to.

I've tried with and without the '/' at the end of the metadata I want to change. I also tried combining the two by using a parenthesis

Code:
 relationships=>(Bilbo Baggins|Dwalin)=>Book.Comics.LOTR\1
Nothing seemed to change what showed up in my relationships column. Did I make a mistake with the code?
Old 04-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #1334
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
I understand that AO3 has a few extra metadata entries. So, I created a few new columns and added this to my personal ini settings:

Code:
[archiveofourown.org]

## AO3 adapter defines a few extra metadata entries.
extra_valid_entries:fandoms,freefromtags,ao3categories
fandoms_label:Fandoms
freefromtags_label:Freeform Tags
ao3categories_label:AO3 Categories
You don't need to put these extra_valid_entries & labels in your personal.ini. They're already in the built-in defaults.ini. In fact, by doing this you are removing comments, kudos, hits, etc.
Quote:
Code:
custom_column_settings:
 fandoms=>#newfandoms, r
 freefromtags=>#newfftags, r
 ao3categories=>#ao3categories, r
Am I correct that this should filter those metadata entries to my custom columns?
I don't see anything immediately wrong with that. Please provide a story URL for one that isn't populating correctly for you.
Quote:
Code:
 #relationships 
 relationships=>Bilbo Baggins=>Book/Comics.LOTR.\1
 relationships=>Dwalin/=>Book/Comics.LOTR.\1
The keyword is just ships, not relationships.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #1335
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Quote:
You don't need to put these extra_valid_entries & labels in your personal.ini. They're already in the built-in defaults.ini. In fact, by doing this you are removing comments, kudos, hits, etc.
I'm not really interested in the number of hits, kudos, or number of comments, but I cut the extra_valid_entries & labels.

Quote:
I don't see anything immediately wrong with that. Please provide a story URL for one that isn't populating correctly for you.
One story I used it on is http://archiveofourown.org/works/602798. I thought the story might not have any extra tags, but I wanted to make sure on the code.

Quote:
The keyword is just ships, not relationships.
Thanks, when I looked in the custom columns tab it said Relationships. I thought I might have messed that up.

After I cut out the extra valid entries and changed relationships to ships, I'm getting an invalid group reference.
Closed Thread