Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #16
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Still not changed for me, as of Sunday, April 8, US west coast time - maybe they don't change on the weekend? Daily "business-day" deal???
Nothing says "Today's Deal" needs to change daily. It can be one day's deal, then the next day's deal as well. It's still that day's deal.

You're likely right that it's going to change on business days, though.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #17
Wasgo
Connoisseur
Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi
I now see A Matter of Honor By Jeffrey Archer.
Wasgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #18
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I still see Ship Breaker.

The Archer title is another agency markdown, so it doesn't appear that Kobo is doing any specials of their own.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #19
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I still see Ship Breaker.

The Archer title is another agency markdown, so it doesn't appear that Kobo is doing any specials of their own.
Apparently not, today's is Shakespeare Undead, a publisher sale posted by arcadata last week (and a dollar cheaper at Amazon and B&N).
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #20
LibraryCin
Connoisseur
LibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Touch
Wow, I had no idea they had been offering this for so long! I only found out because of an email they sent recently that mentioned it. I'd love to check the new deal each day, but they sure don't make it easy to find on their site, do they?

Yesterday's deal was Life After Life by Kate Atkinson, so I snatched it up.
LibraryCin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #21
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryCin View Post
Wow, I had no idea they had been offering this for so long! I only found out because of an email they sent recently that mentioned it. I'd love to check the new deal each day, but they sure don't make it easy to find on their site, do they?
They stopped for a long time, but started offering daily deals again last week. Who knows how long it will go on for?
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #22
LibraryCin
Connoisseur
LibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
They stopped for a long time, but started offering daily deals again last week. Who knows how long it will go on for?
Ohh, thank you!

Does anyone know how to find them on their website without a direct link to it?

Thanks, again!
Old 12-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #23
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
It would be nice if they'd let you subscribe to it like B&N's Daily Find, Amazon's Kindle Daily Deal, and Audible's Daily Deal.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #24
LibraryCin
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
It would be nice if they'd let you subscribe to it like B&N's Daily Find, Amazon's Kindle Daily Deal, and Audible's Daily Deal.
Yes, that would be great!

But, at least they have now posted a link directly from the home page (I'm sure that wasn't there initially). As long as I remember to check (and I think I will eventually remember to do that daily, though it's still patchy at the moment; patchy checking will probably save me money, anyway! ).
Old 12-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #25
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Yes, that would be great!

But, at least they have now posted a link directly from the home page (I'm sure that wasn't there initially). As long as I remember to check (and I think I will eventually remember to do that daily, though it's still patchy at the moment; patchy checking will probably save me money, anyway! ).
Thank you - if it was there before I couldn't see it either. I wouldn't have looked again without your post. But why am I thanking you? I already have more books than I can ever read as it is.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #26
LibraryCin
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandalynn View Post
Thank you - if it was there before I couldn't see it either. I wouldn't have looked again without your post. But why am I thanking you? I already have more books than I can ever read as it is.
LOL! Sorry... kind of! I have to admit I feel a bit the same way. I'm trying to stick to books I already have on my tbr, but we'll see how long that lasts!

It looks like this week, that spot where they were posting the link to Deal of the Day is taken up with a link to Boxing Week sales (unless it's changed back today? I haven't looked yet). I imagine it will go back to Deal of the Day shortly.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #27
LibraryCin
Connoisseur

hmmm, odd. I was going to buy today's daily deal. It says $1.99 (regular 10.99), but when I put it in my cart, it wants to charge me the regular price. :-( I won't buy it at the regular price. I figure I'll keep checking back throughout the day to see if it gets fixed, but if not, I'll have to let it pass by (I'll get it from the library instead).
Old 01-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #28
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Today's Kobo Daily Deal is An Irish Country Girl (Irish Country #4) by Patrick Taylor for $2.99, but it appears to be a kepub.

An Irish Country Girl is also on sale at Amazon for $2.99, as is the second book in the Irish Country Series , An Irish Country Village.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #29
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Today's Kobo Daily Deal is An Irish Country Girl (Irish Country #4) by Patrick Taylor for $2.99, but it appears to be a kepub.
Nope, I downloaded An Irish Country Girl just fine as a DRM-free epub.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:54 PM   #30
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
hmmm, odd. I was going to buy today's daily deal. It says $1.99 (regular 10.99), but when I put it in my cart, it wants to charge me the regular price. :-( I won't buy it at the regular price. I figure I'll keep checking back throughout the day to see if it gets fixed, but if not, I'll have to let it pass by (I'll get it from the library instead).
They had Maze Runner up as the deal, but the buy button had the wrong price (they had $1.99 listed in the ad, which is what it is at Google and elsewhere).

Sometime in the afternoon they noticed the problem and switched to a new book as the Daily Deal.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote