Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #31
romandesign
romandesign began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Whoa! Great! I'll test the new version as soon as I can and post back the results. Thanks a million for your effort! It literally means that instead of loading a few books I can now fully use my Kindle's full memory and load an entire library, and use it efficiently. It should have been this way by design, but at least with your plugin Kindle can now be used fully. I'll never understand why this is not supported out-of-the-box...

-------
Roman Bershadsky
Web designer, Roman Design Toronto web design studio
Old 01-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #32
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I think Blackjack is still free on Amazon if you wanna try it with that.
I think the apps are only on the US site - and I can't download them from there. No apps on the UK site and I didn't find it uploaded anywhere so let me know how it goes.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #33
romandesign
romandesign began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
I think the apps are only on the US site - and I can't download them from there. No apps on the UK site and I didn't find it uploaded anywhere so let me know how it goes.
Same for Canada - no apps available. Is there an alternative source fro free apps?
Old 01-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #34
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Forgot you were in the UK. Yep, I'll let you know. I've decided to make some changes to my calibre library (again) so once that's done I'll install the new version and run the plugin. Just have to finish up this pesky work stuff first. So glad it's Friday.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #35
coaver
coaver began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Kindle for Android
Talking

Quote:
Thanks!

Ah - a typo in my instructions. I've updated it now, thanks.

First - download the newest version of the script and update your tweaks to the new format (restart after setting the tweak), so you would now use:
create_kindle_collections_usecolumns = {
"series": [ "_ ", 1 ],
"tags": [ "- ", 1 ]
}

You can also restart in Debug mode as above to see a report showing the tweaks and what collections are being created, etc. - maybe that can pinpoint what's going one

What are you doing to 'manage collections'? - those error messages are from Calibre not the plugin. Calibre can't manage Kindle's collections by default, though it can read them.
Well, I think I have it working now. That change you gave me worked perfectly. To 'manage collections' I was using the manage collections button in Calibre. I am guessing it doesn't work though. I will play with it some more and let you know if I come across anything that looks funky. So far so good this is a great tool!
Old 01-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #36
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by romandesign View Post
I was just kidding, don't take it too seriously

Unfortunately I don't have an answer. I only use collections by authors, so there are no duplicates. I suppose it should do it that way, no reason why it shouldn't. The book can be in different collections by author, tag, and series... You can back up your collections file and try.
So was I, that's what the smiley was for. But back on topic, since the plugin worked so smoothly the first time around, I think I will use the plugin to play around with different scenarios this weekend.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #37
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll need to get an app to try this with - any suggestions? Any examples of any books that won't stay put?
So far I only have two, the My Clippings file and the Oxford Dictionary. I like to put both in collections because I find it easier to find my strays that way. Maybe as I use this plugin more and more and become more confident with the results I will skip putting them in collections.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #38
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaver View Post
Wow! This look like it is going to be a wonderful addition to the Calibre Plugins.

I am trying it out and every time I select to create collections it seems to randomly select some authors, tags and series to create the collections by.

I have applied the following tweak that should make the plug in create collections only based on tags and series:

create_kindle_collections = {
"series": "_ ",
"tags": "- "
}

When I try to create collections it does nt seem to work then when I try to manage collections I get this error:

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'BookList' object has no attribute 'rebuild_collections'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\edit_collections.py" , line 33, in edit_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\edit_metadata.py", line 405, in edit_device_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1137, in upload_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 339, in upload_collections
AttributeError: 'BookList' object has no attribute 'rebuild_collections'

How do I fix this? What can I send or post that will help you with fixing this problem?
I received that error too, I thought I received it because at the time I was using the Fetch Annotations feature. I uninstalled the plugin using the instructions in the first post and then re-installed it. There must be some conflict between the two because although it works now, the fetch annotations process is much slower than it was before. But I was able to get them both working.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #39
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
So far I only have two, the My Clippings file and the Oxford Dictionary. I like to put both in collections because I find it easier to find my strays that way. Maybe as I use this plugin more and more and become more confident with the results I will skip putting them in collections.
Ah, OK. Same with me - I just ignore those at the end. I'll look to see if they can be collected.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #40
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaver View Post
Well, I think I have it working now. That change you gave me worked perfectly. To 'manage collections' I was using the manage collections button in Calibre. I am guessing it doesn't work though. I will play with it some more and let you know if I come across anything that looks funky. So far so good this is a great tool!
Thanks. What 'manage collections' button? I'm sure its right in front of me but I must be missing it
Old 01-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #41
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I received that error too, I thought I received it because at the time I was using the Fetch Annotations feature. I uninstalled the plugin using the instructions in the first post and then re-installed it. There must be some conflict between the two because although it works now, the fetch annotations process is much slower than it was before. But I was able to get them both working.
I haven't used Fetch Annotations, but I just ran it now and it worked ok. I'm not sure what fetch annotations is looking at, but this plugin only rewrites the collections.json file. I would have thought fetch annotations only reads the actual book files.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #42
meme
Sigil developer

kiwidude: can you update the title of this thread to [GUI Plugin] Create Kindle Collections, I don't see an option?
Old 01-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #43
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
I haven't used Fetch Annotations, but I just ran it now and it worked ok. I'm not sure what fetch annotations is looking at, but this plugin only rewrites the collections.json file. I would have thought fetch annotations only reads the actual book files.
As far as I know it is reading the MBP file for the books, notes and highlights. This is a feature that I just started using a few days ago.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #44
coaver
coaver began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Kindle for Android
Quote:
Thanks. What 'manage collections' button? I'm sure its right in front of me but I must be missing it

You can add it to your toolbar as an button option. I thought it was an options associated with the plugin but it must be part of something else. It doe snot have an icon like the "restart" button. It is just text.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #45
alexdud
alexdud began at the beginning.

How to make a collection created by the authors but the title was added to a series of numbered?
Closed Thread