Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-19-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
TheCreepyMisfit
TheCreepyMisfit began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 2 HD
Functions I am missing (or have not found in the menue)

Hi folks out there!

Generally, Calibre is a great piece of software but there are a few functions that I am missing.
I have a large ebook library and the following would make using it a lot more easy.

The first is a button where I can mark an ebook so as soon as the ebook reader is connected the next time it is automatically uploaded to it.

And the second function I would need is colour-marking the line of a book as read (if possible in reddish and greenish for good and bad)

I haven't found anything like this in the menue. Anyone else here who would find it useful?

Can the developers have a look at this?
TheCreepyMisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 03:34 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreepyMisfit View Post

The first is a button where I can mark an ebook so as soon as the ebook reader is connected the next time it is automatically uploaded to it.

You need to look at the Reading List Plugin.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 04:46 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
You need to look at the Reading List Plugin.

bernie

And for colouring book list cells/lines see ==>> Preferences->Look and Feel->Column colouring

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:18 PM   #4
TheCreepyMisfit
TheCreepyMisfit began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 2 HD
Cool, thank you for those tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

And for colouring book list cells/lines see ==>> Preferences->Look and Feel->Column colouring

BR

Going to the menue for each book I have tried I don't find overly practical.

And can anyone tell me how to use them? I have indeed seen column colouring. There is a function add rules and remove rules, but I have no idea how to use those to get what I want. No idea how to use that.

I would like a function directly in the columns, like a "read" button that I can click that gives me the option mark it, plus the option to mark it as good or bad (if possible the colour coding to indicate if it was good (read more of the author) or not (stay away in future))
TheCreepyMisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:24 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Cool, thank you for those tips.

And can anyone tell me how to use them? I have indeed seen column colouring. There is a function add rules and remove rules, but I have no idea how to use those to get what I want. No idea how to use that.

I would like a function directly in the columns, like a "read" button that I can click that gives me the option mark it, plus the option to mark it as good or bad (if possible the colour coding to indicate if it was good (read more of the author) or not (stay away in future))
the rules would be for what was the trigger event.
eg #read has a date (not unassigned), #your_rating >=3

BTW date columns that are blank (undefined) can be set to Today by simply tapping f2 when the cursor is in that column. - clears the column when in edit mode. = updates the value to Today
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:41 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

The column colouring (and column icons) rules apply to the entire library, not individual books. There could be some suitable samples in this Library Management sticky thread Plugboard, template, and custom composite column recipes

Also see the Template Language sub section in the Customising calibre of the calibre User Manual

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote