Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2019, 12:50 PM   #1
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Metadata Plugboard stopped working

I have a metadata plugboard that I use for when I email books to my kindle, it puts the series name and book number in the front of the book title. It has worked for a pretty long time (over a year), and no changes have been made to that, or the email process. Today, however, after I sent a book to my kindle, it did not use the plugboard as it normally does. Looking over everything, everything seems to be in place. Has something changed in the implementation of this with a version change, perhaps?
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:23 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Post the template you are using
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2019, 10:39 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
I have a metadata plugboard that I use for when I email books to my kindle, it puts the series name and book number in the front of the book title. It has worked for a pretty long time (over a year), and no changes have been made to that, or the email process. Today, however, after I sent a book to my kindle, it did not use the plugboard as it normally does. Looking over everything, everything seems to be in place. Has something changed in the implementation of this with a version change, perhaps?
Look in the MDE to see what formats you have AVAILABLE for that title.
Now check your plugboard's setting for Format to send by email (you can stop here if it was Any)

It may have been a format Available was higher on the allowed (supported by device) list, and that got sent and the plugboard had no action for that format. A couple of options: 1)make a plugboard for the other format with the SAME template , 2) adjust the preferred format order or allowed formats
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:11 PM   #4
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Post the template you are using
Here is my source template:
{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] }{title}

Destination field is title

Hmm, what else.... it is for mobi format (that's the only format I use for sending to my kindle, since that will sync across all devices).

Formats to send to my kindle in my email settings are:
AZW, MOBI, TPZ, PRC, AZW1

I only convert to mobi, and that's what this particular ebook is formatted to.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote