Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
rbacal
rbacal began at the beginning.

Device: edge
Internal storage running low

First post. First congrats. I've been reading this forum since I got my Edge a few months back, and what a great resource.

I'd really rather not do the hacks to enable moving apps to an SD card, and looking for alt. solutions.

I'm getting low storage warnings constantly, even though I've deleted any apps that I can "live without". The apps I have are all (or almost all) ones I use.

So, even as I've deleted apps, I quickly get the message reappearing, which leads me to believe other things are using the storage space. Are there other things I can delete to save space? Things to look at?

I'm starting to get desperate. Any help greatly appreciated.
rbacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Have you tried moving books and things like that to an SD card? I've moved all my books and downloads to my SD card
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2011, 05:40 AM   #3
Franky
Nameless Being

I had the same and wet for the moving option. I'm using a 32gb sdcard and it works fine. It takes a while to fill up that sdcard ;-)
Old 09-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbacal View Post
...I'm getting low storage warnings constantly, even though I've deleted any apps that I can "live without". The apps I have are all (or almost all) ones I use...
Welcome to Mobileread and to the EE/PE world!

Have moved or deleted downloaded APKs? Once downloaded and installed I move APK to a dropbox cloud storage where they are accessible whenever I have wi-fi or lan connectivity.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
rbacal
rbacal began at the beginning.

Device: edge
Thanks for the responses and suggestions. I'll probably do the apps2sd thing eventually, but for now, I'll check on other options. Stupid question. I know I'VE accessed internal memory content before, but darned if I can figure out how I did that.

How do I examine what is stored internally?

Gunnerp, thanks for the welcome. I've been reading for months and blown away by the value of the people and message contents.
rbacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
ES File Explorer should allow you to see everything internal and if you get version 1.6.0.1 or above you should also be able to see hidden files - DON'T mess with them!
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #7
apocalypsegrrl
Wannabe Bond Girl
apocalypsegrrl began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage PocketEdge
I've noticed that in some cases my PE will keep duplicates of whatever files I load onto it - like the install app for a program, copies of whatever books I've loaded into the library...I don't know if these take up the Internal section or not, but it could be worth looking into.
apocalypsegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:37 AM   #8
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsegrrl View Post
I've noticed that in some cases my PE will keep duplicates of whatever files I load onto it - like the install app for a program, copies of whatever books I've loaded into the library...I don't know if these take up the Internal section or not, but it could be worth looking into.
Correct, item loaded to memory and then added to the library will then have two copies.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote