Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
KindleKid
Zealot
KindleKid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Mint Condition Kindle

Up for sale is my kindle. I got this past July and have only, since I joined, learned how much this device can do. In fact it does more than I need. All I need is a simple dreading device for PDFs. I've found that while the kindle doesn't handle the PDFs natively the third party software out there makes it really easy.

Anyway, I'd rather sell this and get a simpler ebook reader like an early Sony first yen for my needs, which 9 times out of 10 is PDF reading. I'd rather see this kindle go to someone who can really use it like a kindle.

The kindle is practically new in condition. No damage superficial or otherwise and comes with everything amazon gave me including some stuff I bought. That includes a complete unofficial users guide which had shown many great and lesser known features about the device. $300 is the asking price. But this is negotiable. I just want a good deal for both of us! Message me for questions and interest.
KindleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
KindleKid
Zealot

By the way. I may be moving soon so this is another reason why I'm selling this. If I don't get an offer by the end of the week I'm putting it up on eBay and I've checked the auctions recently and they are selling for more than I'm asking. I'd rather sell my kindle to someone here but if I don't hear anything by thurs or fri I may put it up for auction.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Im tempted. that price is low... let me talk to my girlfriend.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #4
darktower
darktower began at the beginning.

Device: SONY 505
are you willing to ship out of USA to UK?
darktower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
KindleKid
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktower View Post
are you willing to ship out of USA to UK?
I have no problems with that at all and everything is fairly light so it shouldn't be too costly. But I believe that the whispernet evdo service is not available in the uk. I may be wrong though.

I'd also like to point out that since I'm looking for a simpler ereading device, I'd also be interested in a trade. For example I'd trade this for a Sony prs 500/505 and since the kindle is worth more we could sort out the difference various ways I.e. Paying the difference in cost and that could be whatever we both agree to. It doesn't need to be a Sony device either. Just a simpler ereading device that has better PDF support. I'd very much prefer an eink device so I'd pass on pdas etc
Old 01-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
So, how much cash would you want in trade with a Sony 500?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #7
KindleKid
Zealot

How much do they sell by themselves? Is it around 200? I've seen it sold here for that much with a dock including everything it came for. Do you have a dock with it or anything?
Old 01-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleKid View Post
How much do they sell by themselves? Is it around 200? I've seen it sold here for that much with a dock including everything it came for. Do you have a dock with it or anything?
Nope, no dock.. just the original device, the original cover and the original AC charger (I can't find the original box/package any more). I have had it since it was released... but haven't used it for the last 8-9 months since I got my Kindle. I was thinking I could sell it for maybe $200 obo.

So, perhaps Sony 500 + $100 for your Kindle, we each pay for USPS shipping costs to the other. I can pay via paypal. Or make a counter offer.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 01-14-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #9
KindleKid
Zealot

The 505 is a much more tempting offer. I'll take that deal of 505 and $100 and ship to you usps. Paypal is a okay. I'll send a message with my info.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleKid View Post
The 505 is a much more tempting offer. I'll take that deal of 505 and $100 and ship to you usps. Paypal is a okay. I'll send a message with my info.
Oppss.. sorry. That was a typo. I meant 500. I don't have a 505.

BOb
Old 01-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I sent you a PM
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #12
KindleKid
Zealot

It's still available but it'll be going up on eBay this weekend. Message me now if interested.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #13
KindleKid
Zealot

It's now up on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180322734812

Happy Bidding!