Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Portable Audio/Video

Notices

Old 04-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
How to find a good portable video player at a reasonable price?

I see that the Archos AV700 line seems to have some problems. Don't know if they have been solved or not.

I am pondering getting a gadget along these lines and wonder if this product line is good or should be avoided. Also, where do people find some reliable info about products like this and find great deals to choose one?

Don't want to spend a lot of time looking, but want to understand the options. I'm still not sure about what I want to do... it might be better to wait for something like an Origami device when they get good battery life. (Which is one of the reasons I haven't bought a laptop yet.)

I want to be able to play DivX, I want long battery life, and I want it to be able to record TV shows in DivX. I don't have a cable box to worry about going on and off.

Any thoughts about what my options would be?