Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-31-2018, 08:26 AM   #1171
ls0
ls0 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Importer BitTorrent File : transform calibre to the database of video torrent, photo album...
ls0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:47 PM   #1172
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls0 View Post
Importer BitTorrent File : transform calibre to the database of video torrent, photo album...
Maybe the Media File Importer plugin can do it already, ==>> Index of plugins

If you want to have a library of .torrent files and associated downloads (MP4s, CBZs etc) you don't really need a plugin, calibre can store almost any file type.

Drag-Drop the .torrent file into the book list, that will create a new book line at the top of the list (I would then edit the Title and Author cells to something sensible). Then drag-drop the corresponding downloaded file into the new book's Details panel (on the right).

Added: almost all optional plugins were written by someone who wanted that particular functionality for their own use.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-31-2018 at 06:55 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2018, 01:49 PM   #1173
CrossReach
CrossReach began at the beginning.

Device: Android
epub-fix

Hi,

I'm not even sure if I'm in the right section, but I have a number of epubs I would like to fix. I don't have the technical experience to do it manually, and I would just like a plugin that can address the most common problems and attempt to fix them. There used to be a website but it's gone. I see that Kovid has made something called epub-fix, but I'm at a loss as to how to add it to Calibre or anything like that. The page for it is here: http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/...pub-fix.1.html
CrossReach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 03:50 PM   #1174
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossReach View Post
Hi,

I'm not even sure if I'm in the right section, but I have a number of epubs I would like to fix. I don't have the technical experience to do it manually, and I would just like a plugin that can address the most common problems and attempt to fix them. There used to be a website but it's gone. I see that Kovid has made something called epub-fix, but I'm at a loss as to how to add it to Calibre or anything like that. The page for it is here: http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/...pub-fix.1.html
Load the book into the Calibre Editor: Click the debug (ladybug) Icon.
You will see a list of issues. Red needs serious attention. Yellow is a warning.

clickin on an error, list options on the right: Correct all (possible to do automatic) is one of the choices.
Not all can be auto-fixed.
Each error also describes what was wrong. Some are easy to find. Others take a expert (and NO Publisher should be selling ones that bad)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:46 PM   #1175
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Ace, by Daisy

Hi, everybody.

Ace, the Accessibility Checker for EPUB, is a tool developed by the DAISY Consortium to assist with the evaluation of accessibility features of EPUB publications.

It helps content creators to meet the accessibility criteria (epub/WCAG).

@Doitsu created a plugin wrapper for ACE on Sigil but, sadly, has no plans to build a Calibre version.

It would be very nice if someone could build a plugin for the Calibre Editor. ACE is very similar to EpubCheck, in the way that it points out the lines where the problem was found.

Ace website:
https://daisy.github.io/ace/

Doitsu's plugin for Sigil:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3769716
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2018, 06:17 PM   #1176
Veganboyscout
Veganboyscout began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2017
Reading Queue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
While I use a custom column to designate the books I want to read next, I too would love some way to prioritize them. I currently have a custom column for authors that have books in more than one series, I was thinking something like that would do but I do not want to create another column and I cannot use the existing one due to a conflict with original use for the column.
The word "list" does not capture what this plugin should be. Please design a plugin that would allow readers to create a visual "queue" of book covers where they could upvote and downvote books in the queue or simply move books around graphically with the mouse or their finger to manage their queue. Until someobody graciously creates that, this plugin is emphatically NOT "implemented. I'll gladly make a donation for that. Thank you!
Veganboyscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:56 PM   #1177
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veganboyscout View Post
The word "list" does not capture what this plugin should be. Please design a plugin that would allow readers to create a visual "queue" of book covers where they could upvote and downvote books in the queue or simply move books around graphically with the mouse or their finger to manage their queue. Until someobody graciously creates that, this plugin is emphatically NOT "implemented. I'll gladly make a donation for that. Thank you!
Wow, way to revive an ancient request. If you had looked in the responses, there was a suggestion of a "reading list" plugin. That was released five days after the request you quoted and emphatically does implement that function.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:05 PM   #1178
Kekay
Kekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Got an idea for a plugin? Feel free to add them to this thread if you haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere. Who knows, if it is a good enough idea someone might even write it for you if you need the help, it has happened before...

Plugin idea discussions

To ensure this thread becomes manageable over time and to help out new visitors to the forum, here is a summary of the plugin suggestions to date from this thread. For anything you see marked as implemented, please go to the relevant plugin thread to discuss further changes or requests.
Hi guys!

I need to say i would love to have a calibre pluguin that could compress Pdfs, and if possible other formats as well. I have a lot of books and want to make the size smaller, one by one would be nice, but in batch would be crazy amazing!
I downloaded and tested a lot of specific apps to compress Pdfs some are good, but for the most part they are not. It would be nice one that could control the size of the images embeddeds, text and all, or maybe automatticaly ajusting in the best way possible...
I know this would be a bit complex but i would love so much!
If you know a good software for compression, Please enlightme, I would be very grateful!

I still need to test if the sincronization between Calibre Pc an Kindle paperwhite realy works...for the new Kindle paperwithe version, because I'm having a really hard time to accomplish this. A simple app that could organize folder into collections...like: History/Learning/Self help/Painting and so on...it would be the best thing ever

I have a Kindle Paperwithe with 5.9.7 firmware, and I know that there is no jailbreak for this version yet...thanks to some good folks on this lovely forum! So I'm feeling I'm out of luck... and does'nt know what to do anymore...because I do not want to just throw the books in there and make collections in the Kindle without the possibility to easily sincronize my Pc with the kindle...
I also do not want the amazon's collections restricted option anymore...so I'm running out of options here lol

I would love your thoughts on this subjects;

thanks in advance
Kekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:13 PM   #1179
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekay View Post
I downloaded and tested a lot of specific apps to compress Pdfs some are good, but for the most part they are not.
Plugins can run command line tools. Were any of the tools that you tested also available as command line tools? If so, which one generated the best result?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 06:06 AM   #1180
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
That list represents an amazing amount of work by solution providers. I was going to quote it, but I think it would start meaning about a couple of posts per page if I and everybody else did it. So, my thanks to you all.

IF I had a Christmas Wish, it would be for there to be a plugin to document various Calibre settings in a way that would allow all or part of those settings to transfer from one library to another. For example, I have an incoming library where I process any new books, before parceling them out to my various sub-libraries. One of the things is that I have several people, all with different things they want to search for ... ie. authors, tags, comments-contents, etc. The latter is no issue, but the first two actually require that author or tag to be IN the library before I can add them to their personalized searches. So, if my mother wants to add Janet Evanovich to her search list, I have to HAVE Janet Evanovich in the current library for her to be added to Mom's search. I have to fake in an Evanovich entry, add her as an interested author for Mom, and then remove the ersatz book. I'm constantly being asked to watch for so-and-so's book that was talked about on some show or another. Problem is, I have no way of watching for an author, other than to resort to the ersatz solution, even if the person who is asking is ME!

Documentation would help me see where I might be MISSING somebody's request. And being able to add from either previous documentation of even a text file, would certainly help me maintain my place as the family librarian.

Again, thanks to all for all that they do.
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 10:21 AM   #1181
Kekay
Kekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animalsKekay is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Plugins can run command line tools. Were any of the tools that you tested also available as command line tools? If so, which one generated the best result?

Hi Doitsu!
Sorry for the late answer, I'm still searching and testing for a good app.

But I already can tell you about some i really liked, the first one was an export option in the free LibreOffice app, in this function you can control a lot of options in the output file. But this one it is doing one by one, i dont know if it is possible to do in batch like i would love.
Others do no accepted a pdf to heavy, some that seemed to work it needs to pay of course. Even in the Adobe Acrobat now needs to pay for the pluguin.

The most part of the apps i found were doing the compression altomatically, I still need to check again every app i download to test , but the one i found that could be done by command was Debenu Quick PDF Library
, but a noob like me on functions like this it takes a while for me to understand...

Images showing how it work on this apps. By command and automatically:

down to up order

https://imgur.com/a/vGSIy30

I dont know if this images could help in some way
I think one of the problems i found is when you put automatically a low value in a scanned file, the text gets hard to read..
I will probably post more details afer i check very well all of them

Any thought just let me know
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ex.png
Views:	159
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	168706  
Old 01-02-2019, 05:57 PM   #1182
Kekay

Is it possible to integrate a function I use on a step in Photoshop that could optmize the scanned page, image or text within the ebook?
I was thinking about this when i was trying to low down the pdf size of a scanned file, and if i were to do by hand i would need to take page by page of a book, open in Ps select 'best from reduction' option and aply other methodes like sharpen and smoothing to optimize the page with image an text to a certain level that it would not appear so pretty looking, even if the text get just a little bit harder to read, but it would lower the file on a extent that free space for me to put more files in the Kindle. And this probably would opotimize the reading performance as well...

I know...this sound too much work... where i could just throw the books i would read in the week there and let this like this. But when I image the possibility to automatize this steps i would have to do forever...i get pretty excited xD
Old 01-03-2019, 07:37 AM   #1183
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Anything is possible, but it might be easier to write that as an external tool.

I'd start by bursting the pages into images and then scripts in photoshop to automate the processing.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #1184
kensutterfield
kensutterfield began at the beginning.

Device: kindel
Is there a Send to Kindle plugin?

I have used Calibre for many years and one of the most useful plugins for me would be a means to Send to Kindle. This would save a lot of time hunting thru the calibre library.
kensutterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:00 PM   #1185
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensutterfield View Post
I have used Calibre for many years and one of the most useful plugins for me would be a means to Send to Kindle. This would save a lot of time hunting thru the calibre library.
There's no plugin that I know of, but you can email to your Kindle directly from Calibre, and it will automatically convert to the correct format, if needed. Look at the "Sharing" options in Preferences.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development