Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-01-2018, 10:07 AM   #1
supercup
supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 2
Are there any sleeves which offer good level of protection?

Hi,

I just got my first ereader (PocketBook Touch HD 2), and I am looking for the appropriate protection when on the go. However, I dislike case/book-type covers as I prefer to hold the reader without a case.

Are there any sleeve-type covers for 6" readers which offer the (drop and bend) protection similar to book-type covers? I have found some which seem to be ok in that regard (PU leather + some sort of rigid inserts, see here) and I was wondering if anyone can recommend some?

There are quite a lot of soft sleeve covers, but those probably just provide scratch protection...

Thanks
supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:11 PM   #2
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Here is one I bought when I needed a sleeve for a Touch Lux 3 that I bought for someone else as a gift. Touch HD should have similarly fitting dimensions. With Touch Lux 3, there was even room for the charging cable in the sleeve.

It is not a soft sleeve, but quite solid. And it has somewhat of a stand function. And it was at $10 when I bought it https://www.amazon.com/Dicota-Americ.../dp/B005F2TAI6

Does not seem to be available anymore at the supplier's website.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:10 AM   #3
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And this one https://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-EF.../dp/B007GNMZUC

But where I live, it costs triple less.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:57 PM   #4
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I found that Neoprene covers are quite protective. Not for a backpack though as other stuff could still mash into the screen.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Not really. Sleeves only provide protection while in use, take the Reader out and you lose ALL protection. Sleeves are not a good idea unless the sleeve is big enough to fit the Reader and the case at the same time.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:09 AM   #6
mobama
Evangelist

A good sleeve provides a good protection. And it does not have to be the only protection. Still, the best protection is to make use of the ereader in safe conditions, when kids are not running around, dogs are not raining, etc.