Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 06:16 AM   #1
everalm
everalm began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Max Boox 2
FTI Max2 update available, 2018-03-19_13_47_1.8.3_9269185/1043:user/release-keys

Been out of office for the last week, power up the beast and get an update is available prompt.

Specifically 2018-03-19_47_1.8.3_9269185/1043:user/release-keys.

As an FYI, clicking on the button to initiate download didn't seem to do anything but just leaving it on the screen without clicking seems to time out and kick off an "Onyx OTA update"

Whole process took about 15-20 minutes, reboots the machine, then goes to the "Android is upgrading" screen which takes quite a long time "Optimizing apps". On mine 17 are being "optimized" and that takes about 10-12 minutes

Reboot went OK and in Device Status I now show

Build number
2018-03-19_13_47-1.8.3_9269185

The work seemed mainly around tweaks to the Note app, no issues as yet......
everalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:12 AM   #2
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Device: Android-phone, HTC Desire Z
Before the update the Note app only allowed for 1 page per 1 page of textbook. Has that been changed? I want to buy an Onyx Boox for maths, but then I need several note pages for each page of the maths book.
norweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2018, 10:22 PM   #3
inudaisho
inudaisho began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max2 / Kobo glo HD
I have updated.

Build number:
2018-03-15_12-42_1.8.3_a69ab95

but I have changed language setting to "中文 (简体)" (Chinese Simplified) ,and click "从网络检查升级包"(Check update from cloud).
inudaisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:26 PM   #4
inudaisho
inudaisho began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max2 / Kobo glo HD
now I change language to English and click "check update from cloud"
then I find the version you see is coming.
inudaisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:04 PM   #5
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by norweger View Post
Before the update the Note app only allowed for 1 page per 1 page of textbook. Has that been changed? I want to buy an Onyx Boox for maths, but then I need several note pages for each page of the maths book.
That's not true, multiple pages are there since the first firmware. Where did you get the idea from?

If you are talking about the split screen mode in portrait orientation where you have half of the screen for notes there are unlimited note pages per any page of annotated book. When you start the mode you will see a toolbar with up arrow, ( < ) 1/1 ( > ). Doesn't it look like a page navigation? You start with 1 page but if you click the up arrow the toolbar expands and you get additional (+)(-) buttons, amongst others to add and remove note pages. The page indication updates accordingly to 1/2 ... X/Y - x page of Y pages
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2018, 06:58 AM   #6
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Device: Android-phone, HTC Desire Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
That's not true, multiple pages are there since the first firmware. Where did you get the idea from?

If you are talking about the split screen mode in portrait orientation where you have half of the screen for notes there are unlimited note pages per any page of annotated book. When you start the mode you will see a toolbar with up arrow, ( < ) 1/1 ( > ). Doesn't it look like a page navigation? You start with 1 page but if you click the up arrow the toolbar expands and you get additional (+)(-) buttons, amongst others to add and remove note pages. The page indication updates accordingly to 1/2 ... X/Y - x page of Y pages
Great. Thanks! I saw this video https://youtu.be/LzsTX-d7gf4 where I was left with the impression that the pages were locked 1-to-1.
norweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:16 PM   #7
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by norweger View Post
Great. Thanks! I saw this video https://youtu.be/LzsTX-d7gf4 where I was left with the impression that the pages were locked 1-to-1.
Such videos always show the features from subjective perspective

Some non-obvious things which I can share but I'm too lazy to make a video about it

- you got 3 modes to write anything in the doc: annotation (messages attached to a highlighted text shown as ... bubble ) , scribble over the page, scribble on the side of the page (notes)
- the TOC menu has a bottom screen toolbar with 4 buttons which let's you browse the document's: TOC, annotations, scribbles, notes
- you can export the PDF document with annotations, scribbles, notes where you can even choose the color of the stroke which makes sense if you open the pdf on a PC. The note pages appear in the exported document as new pdf pages always following the page towards each they were written
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:33 PM   #8
kph
kph began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
I just updated. One thing I notice is the "Long press on Back button" still doesn't bring you back to Home page
kph is offline   Reply With Quote