Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
First Color E-Paper Device is mp3 player

This on Gizmodo this AM:

E-paper mp3 Display

Not exactly huge, but a start.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm sorry, but I"m not a techy, so can you tell me why the color screen on my iPod is different from the Gizmodo? I have album art with the songs, have uploaded many Simpsons episodes, movies, etc. Is that not the same thing?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #3
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad, DR1000s
The e_ink is a reflexive technologie, so unlike lcd, oled,and others it doesn't have backligth. That makes it easy to read and sun ligth.

Due of the lack of backlight it only need power in the page turn.

This technologie has very long refresh time so it can't reproduce video, and till now either color.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Oh, I get it now. Yes, the iPod is like an ordinary computer screen, very bright and colorful, but lit from within. Watching a movie takes up lots of battery time. Thanks for the explanation!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote