Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Spheres
Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.Spheres is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thumbs up Someone’s started a Nickel replacement...

Hey guys,

I just stumbled over this and had to share this with you... (maybe I’m not the only one dreaming of a »free« Kobo Touch, one day):

Apparantly someone has started an attempt to develop an alternative reading software for the KT: http://ccoffing.net/tech/proj/ocherbook/

...I wish him all the best luck

Last edited by Spheres; 07-02-2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: grammar mistake
Spheres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Awesome. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
nila
nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: none
Yeah,
I saw that. I'm PRAYING he has some luck.
The touch is a great device with limited software.
The software puts more effort into selling you new books than letting you organise and browse your own books.
REALLY disappointed there is no grouping at all of the books so you could for instance just see a list of all the authors then dig into that to see the books from them.
Such a let down.
nila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nila View Post
The software puts more effort into selling you new books than letting you organise and browse your own books.
REALLY disappointed there is no grouping at all of the books so you could for instance just see a list of all the authors then dig into that to see the books from them.
Such a let down.
A great effort has also been made in the facebook ego stroking department.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
nila
nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: none
Again down to sales I'm presuming - presume they want the world to see the words KOBO plastered all over Facebook to help them sell.

They seem to miss the point that their best method of selling is just us walking around and boasting to our friends how great it is and showing them how easy it is to use.

I'd be lying right now if I said that was the case for library management!
nila is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
A great effort has also been made in the facebook ego stroking department.
Hehehe. Agreed. I played with that on the Vox and the removed the FB info.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nila View Post
Yeah,
I'd like to see that as well.

Also 2.0.0 removed the time from the screen which appears when you tap on the middle of the page. Now I have to tap twice to view the time and twice to get back to reading. Slightly annoying.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #8
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
I'd love to know if it would work on the Wifi too. I want to see folders or at least have shelves.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #9
BWinmill
Nameless Being

I took a look at the source code, and so far it is fairly generic. My guess is that it will be straight forward for someone to port to the WiFi when the time comes.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #10
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Kobo touch and wifi will sort your Library by Author now.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote