Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
but my desktop always seems to have the wrong time - several minutes slow -- it should be syncing with MS time servers I believe. I guess it's really true that MS is behind the times.
I don't have this problem. What O/S are you using? You should be able to choose from different time servers.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-15-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
You show me yours first.

win7 Pro 64 synced to MS Time server.

Last edited by kennyc; 01-15-2013 at 03:02 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You show me yours first.

win7 Pro 64 synced to MS Time server.
Vista 64 Home Ed. synced to MS Time server

Just click on the time / Click Change time and Date settings/Internet Time tab/ Change Settings. The box it brings up will allow you to use another server. (It might be different on Win 7 but that should get you headed in the right direction)

What I do would be change the time then choose a new server and see if it keeps it. If you notice it still not keeping sync. It could be a faulty CMOS battery. Easy to replace around $5 or less.

Another thought is makes sure the Windows Time Service is running in services to Automatic.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #19
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm gonna leave it set to nist for a bit and see what happens. Even if the battery were dead it should be syncing (yes it's set to auto) on occasion and be correct, but hasn't been for ages. It's really not that big a deal though, like a clock that's set 5 minutes off.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #20
MarniLynn
Misty
MarniLynn began at the beginning.

Device: WiFi Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
You can always register it, then de-register it once the time is set.
How do we de-register it? I want to de-register mine, and then register it again with a different name?
MarniLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #21
kennyc

You should be able to de-register it on the Amazon "Manage your Kindle" page.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #22
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
You can also deregister directly from the Kindle. Look on the settings page.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #23
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarniLynn View Post
How do we de-register it? I want to de-register mine, and then register it again with a different name?
I assume you mean you want to register it to a new account? ....you don't need to de-register if you just want to change your Kindle's name.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #24
kennyc

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think you can register a kindle that is already registered.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think you can register a kindle that is already registered.
You can deregister it and re-register it to a different account as often as you wish. A friend of mine does so often, when he wants to read a book from his wife's Amazon account.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #26
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can deregister it and re-register it to a different account as often as you wish. A friend of mine does so often, when he wants to read a book from his wife's Amazon account.
That's my point exactly. The OP was asking how to de-register in order to register to an different account. My response was to the poster above saying you could register without de-registering it, which I don't think is possible. I could be wrong though.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #27
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
That's my point exactly. The OP was asking how to de-register in order to register to an different account. My response was to the poster above saying you could register without de-registering it, which I don't think is possible. I could be wrong though.
I was just clarifying what the poster wanted to do. If the poster just wants to change the name of their kindle, they do not need to de-register. If the poster wants to register their kindle under a new account name, then yes they must de-register first.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #28
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
You're absolutely right. You do have to deregister before you can re-register.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #29
kennyc

Just an off topic followup, since I changed my timeserver from microsoft to nist my time seems to stay correct. Imagine that!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #30
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Just an off topic followup, since I changed my timeserver from microsoft to nist my time seems to stay correct. Imagine that!
Awesome! My guess is your ISP the route is uses to reach the server may be overcrowded or have issues. You could try pinging the server and see what results you get but happy to hear your clock is finally staying on the right time.