Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Tempora
Tempora began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
My M92 lost its memory (it does not remember anything)!!!

After it was repaired by E-reader store (broken screen), it has lost its memory. i.e, annotations are always lost. Scribbles are not saved when i close them. So do scetches. I have upgraded the firmware and formatted the internal flash. What else can I do ?

New Shortcuts can not be created as well!
As if internal flash storage is damaged!

Last edited by Tempora; 11-26-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Tempora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
math64
math64 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92M, i62ML (firefly)
Did you install new firmware to your M92? After repair, it may have old or service firmware in it.
Also, you can format internal memory.
math64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:48 AM   #3
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by math64 View Post
Did you install new firmware to your M92? After repair, it may have old or service firmware in it.
Also, you can format internal memory.
Memory is not storage. If you have a memory problem, the device won't run at all.

Also, read his post: he states that he formatted the internal flash storage.

Tempora:
Are you able to attach your device to your computer? Does it get detected? Can you transfer files to your device and are they displayed on the device?
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
Tempora

mSSM, positive answer to each of your statements.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Try to remove the hidden .onyx (there's one in each folder and sub-folder), cr3, and adobe reader and digital edition folders. in both internal and SD memories. If you have important files, do a backup first
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It also depends where your document is placed!

If it is SD card, please, check if it is not write protected. If you use micro SD card in SD adapter it is quite easy to switch write protect on while inserting the card in M92. It has happened to me several times.

Explanation.
The scribles (and annotations??) are stored in hidden .onyx folder, which is placed at location where the document is. Therefore if the storage is write protected nothing can be stored.

@Booxtor
Wouldn't it be possible to make a check and warn the user? (When the file is opened and also when the card is inserted.)

Well, the best would be to do the proper error handling and if writing is to be done, but not possible, inform the user.

And good idea might be if saving to proper place is not possible to save it to other location and allow the restoration when writing is possible.

If several hours of work is lost, no-one is happy.
Some people use M92 for work, not just leisure.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #7
Tempora

Thank You for your answers. I have verified that my SD card is not write-protected. Also, If that was the case, then why would the same problem was present in the internal flash as well ? Inemi, I have deleted some of these files and folders from autonomous folders, (not all, as that would take some hours, but the problem still exists...
Old 11-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
math64
math64 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92M, i62ML (firefly)
Tempora, which firmware you use? Did you try to install new one?
After replace of screen, I got my M92M with a service firmware for M92 (M92M has no sound).

Once I tried to use write-protected SD card - Onyx ignores write protection.
But I didn't check it with new firmwares.
math64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
Tempora

I have upgraded to 1.8 20121101
Old 11-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #10
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempora View Post
I have upgraded to 1.8 20121101
Hi ,

Please try following:
- Connect your ereader with inserted SD card to a PC and try to copy some files to Boox and to SD card.
- If you don't have any problems with it (no warnings about write protection etc), then please try to install this update first (it formats system memory) https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/update-20120309.zip. Please backup all your files from M92 before updating!
- Check if you still have problems to save your annotations and sketches and then install the current update https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/update-20121113.zip
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
Tempora

Thank you Booxtor ! Problem solved!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:53 AM   #12
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempora View Post
Thank you Booxtor ! Problem solved!
You are welcome!
παρακαλώ
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
Tempora