Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #151
pcole
pcole began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Re "How to Get Landscape Mode on Kindle Touch", I tried to install with my new Kindle Touch. The buttons all looked right, but no landscape mode! I then tried upgrading to version 5.03 of the software. Not only did it not work, but the buttons disappeared. It seems as though the Kindle crew have done something in 5.03 to make sure that the hack does not work. How irritating!

One thing was unclear in the original post (instructions). I assume that 1) extensions needed to be at the highest level of the Touch (in USB mode). Clearly, the MP3 files needed to be in the music folder. Was I correct regarding extensions?

I hope you can make this work again. It would be very helpful to read PDF files in landscape mode and the original hack with jailbreaking etc. is just too complicated for me and for many others. So thanks for your efforts on our behalf!
pcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #152
snpdrg
snpdrg began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Will TTS work with PDFs? Not sure, even doubt.
yes, it works.
snpdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #153
moma2
moma2 began at the beginning.

I hope the original poster is still around. I have been trying to find out why my Kindle Touch will not auto rotate. The main reason I want it is because I cannot seem to find a cover that props it up for reading that is portrait, they are all landscape, but my KT does not do that....why in the world don't they have a prop up cover for the KT?

I read the original posters directions, but honestly don't know how to follow them. I am not sure what I have to download for sure.

Is there a "translater" around? Thanks
moma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #154
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcole View Post
Re "How to Get Landscape Mode on Kindle Touch", I tried to install with my new Kindle Touch. The buttons all looked right, but no landscape mode! I then tried upgrading to version 5.03 of the software. Not only did it not work, but the buttons disappeared. It seems as though the Kindle crew have done something in 5.03 to make sure that the hack does not work. How irritating!

One thing was unclear in the original post (instructions). I assume that 1) extensions needed to be at the highest level of the Touch (in USB mode). Clearly, the MP3 files needed to be in the music folder. Was I correct regarding extensions?

I hope you can make this work again. It would be very helpful to read PDF files in landscape mode and the original hack with jailbreaking etc. is just too complicated for me and for many others. So thanks for your efforts on our behalf!
MP3 file will not work on version 5.0.3 or higher, and will not work again because bug has been fixed.

You should try autorotate 0.2 but from version 5.0.3 there is a bug that has been introduced, about truncated images.
mr.w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #155
UltimateO
UltimateO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.0.4
Would be great if someone could finish/improve that autorotate 0.2 hack.

To do:
- fix the image display issue
- fix the autorotate issue (only autorotates after restarting the device, after sleepmode it won't work anymore)
- add option to enable/disable autorotation (which uses accelerometer)

I don't have the knowledge to do those things, but I think those additions would be appreciated by many. Thanks!
UltimateO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #156
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateO View Post

To do:
- fix the autorotate issue (only autorotates after restarting the device, after sleepmode it won't work anymore)

I don't have the knowledge to do those things, but I think those additions would be appreciated by many. Thanks!
i was trying to edit the orginal 0.2 package but i am unable to extract it with kindle tool.. have to wait for the original author to do it
Old 03-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #157
mitrandir_hex
mitrandir_hex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook Color
just try to extract and seems that installer/uninstaller are broken, extract made with errors.
If then I try unpack MobiReader-impl.jar from installer, i got errors. If I try this with jar from uninstaller, it's ok. May be jar file is broken and so we have cutted pictures?
For extract rename *.bin to convert and run "./kindletool convert convert". Output will be convert.tar.gz file

Sorry for my ugly English
mitrandir_hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #158
mr.w0lf
n00b

it's a problem of the Linux version.. with windows NP..

here the tar for anyone who like it: http://www.box.com/s/245qnraubkpj5ntb7c1n
Old 03-15-2012, 02:59 AM   #159
test011
Connoisseur
test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: K2i, K3(B006), KT(WiFi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateO View Post

To do:

+1

Great job.
test011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #160
ovasquez
ovasquez began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
None of the mp3 version works on my KT 5.0.4. Instead of buttons appears:
<button type="button" style=width...
pirl8 - ixtab - cscat...

could you please help me?
ovasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #161
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
If you would read the first post you would know.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #162
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Post Thank you + bug fix

What the hell, very good. Thanks for the hack. I agree with the bug fix wanting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by test011 View Post
+1

Great job.
Also, it only goes landscape right or portrait, not landscape left or portrait inverted.

At last, to be perfect, be able to make notes in landscape mode ("noobly" sayng, putting the Note box a little up on the screen in that mode (I know it's not so simple).

Thanks.
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #163
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Post About the "disable rotate"

Well, I've translated KT for PT-BR and there were the strings "enable rotate" and "disable rotate". Maybe it is just the strings, but maybe the feature is hidden and the work to disable accelerometer may reduce to unblock them.
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:08 AM   #164
vpx
vpx began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Rotation hack for 5.0.4

Hello, I tried both hacks for rotating on my KT 5.0.4.
1) GUI Launcher hack - manual rotating is OK, but there is a problem with missing characters on the end of lines
2) KT automatic rotate - cut off images, but text on the end of lines is OK. After entering from standby rotation stops working

I tried both hacks together: auto rotation works always after standby, but images are still cut off.
So we need only combine these two hacks together (in Yifanlu hack are images displayed correctly), but there is a problem with text.
Can any developer make it for us ?
vpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #165
isrealjb
isrealjb began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpx View Post
Hello, I tried both hacks for rotating on my KT 5.0.4.
1) GUI Launcher hack - manual rotating is OK, but there is a problem with missing characters on the end of lines
2) KT automatic rotate - cut off images, but text on the end of lines is OK. After entering from standby rotation stops working

I tried both hacks together: auto rotation works always after standby, but images are still cut off.
So we need only combine these two hacks together (in Yifanlu hack are images displayed correctly), but there is a problem with text.
Can any developer make it for us ?
let's wait an see....
isrealjb is offline   Reply With Quote