Old 04-14-2011, 06:26 AM   #601
Inagua
Inagua began at the beginning.

Device: pb pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
this thread

Inagua, check the top mesage in this thread
haha thanks and sorry. sometimes you don't see a thing even though it's directly in front of you.
Inagua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #602
schit
schit began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903
29/04/2011 PB released firmware 2.1.0(alfa) for models 603 and 903, only for CIS
Considerable work to optimize the operation of the devices.

For PB603
http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...2.1.0_user.zip

For PB903
http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...2.1.0_user.zip

Changelog:
1. Fixed work Adobe reader scaling files PDF (Normal Mode)
2. New functionality handwritten notes in the FB on the reader device 603, 903;
3. Added support for Bluetooth keyboards (language switch - Ctrf + Shift);
4. Added support profile A2DP - music playback and TTS through the BT stereo devices (speakers, headphones). While there are problems with reconnecting the device (under construction);
5. Added 2 new interface language: Kazakh, Chinese;
6. Added topic with new icons (you need to choose a theme in Modern Settings);
7. Added keyboard layout for the Belarusian, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, Lithuanian, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian and Slovenian languages​​;
8. Added ability to assign the power button break the connection to the Internet;
9. Fixed minor bugs.
schit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:53 AM   #603
blalo
blalo began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
Links are not working.
blalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #604
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by blalo View Post
Links are not working.
they have changed- there is another thread for this, have a look here.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #605
daniel_hokkaido
Enthusiast
daniel_hokkaido began at the beginning.

Device: sonyprs 505, pocketbook pro 603
Any reports on any complications installing the CIS onto readers used by english speakers? Such as different dictionaries, menu languages?
I ask as the greenreader UK fw page lists the updates as 'CIS' also yet menus are in english.
daniel_hokkaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #606
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

just saw a new experimental beta 2.1.1 firmware for the new models:
check the dsicussion for the Pro, and here for the IQ!
Unfortunately, still no support for handwritten notes for Adobe, at least for the pro - the changelog and links are in the top messages in each thread.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #607
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Does anyone know how to get the updated fbreader separately? I renamed fbreader180 as fbreader and deleted fbreader a while ago. Now every time after updating the firmware, the fbreader remain untouched (still the 180)...I had some problem using the 180 to handle certain files so I wanted to try the updated fbreader in this 2.1.1. Any ideas?
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #608
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Does anyone know how to get the updated fbreader separately? I renamed fbreader180 as fbreader and deleted fbreader a while ago. Now every time after updating the firmware, the fbreader remain untouched (still the 180)...I had some problem using the 180 to handle certain files so I wanted to try the updated fbreader in this 2.1.1. Any ideas?
forgive me if this is silly, but isn't one possibility to rename your fbreader as fbreader180 or something similar and re-flash the 2.1.1? Obviously you would have to edit the extensions.cfg accordingly, but shouldn't this work?
Old 06-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #609
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
forgive me if this is silly, but isn't one possibility to rename your fbreader as fbreader180 or something similar and re-flash the 2.1.1? Obviously you would have to edit the extensions.cfg accordingly, but shouldn't this work?
I tried. Epub books can still be opened by "fbreader" but instead of some bad formats in fbreader180 now I have some Chinese text can't display any more. I looked at the bin folder. There is no fbreader app. only the fbreader180...nor fbreader folder in the "share" folder. From the configuration in an epub book I can tell fbreader is running. I changed the fbreder180 folder in "share" back to fbreader but it didn't help.

Anyways, usually if I can read a book in fbreader, I am able to read it in CR. PB really should work hard to improve the firmware. PDFviewer still can't scroll in large pages in this new firmware! The problem has been there for a few months.

PS. added AdobeViewer to the extension for reading epub...All works and the format is good too. Much faster to open a 9M file -- with fbreader and CR it takes more than one minute, with AdobeViewer a few seconds.

Last edited by jshzh; 06-13-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:34 AM   #610
paola
Wizard

I presume (but do not know) that the fbreader app would be accessible if you got access to teh root of your device: I do not feel confident enough to try, as I am afraid I might erase something inadvertently, but if you are more of a techie you could have a go to see whether fbreader is there. Instructions are here.

Quote:
Anyways, usually if I can read a book in fbreader, I am able to read it in CR. PB really should work hard to improve the firmware.
agreed!!!

Quote:
PDFviewer still can't scroll in large pages in this new firmware! The problem has been there for a few months.
are you referring to 2.1.0? Because in 2.1.1 pdfviewer now scrolls the pages, at least on my machine (tried it out on a large scanned book, viewed in protrait mode).
Old 06-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #611
jshzh
Addict

Quote:

are you referring to 2.1.0? Because in 2.1.1 pdfviewer now scrolls the pages, at least on my machine (tried it out on a large scanned book, viewed in protrait mode).

I have 602.2.1.1 2011610...I tried both scanned books and text-based pdfs, in both landscape and portrait modes. Scrolling never worked no mater how I mapped the buttons...Perhaps it doesn't work for 602!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #612
sustmi
sustmi began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook PRO 603
On-screen keyboard has now (2.1.1) very usable speed on 603. Thank you so much PB devs.
sustmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #613
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Paola: thanks for the update.
I have a couple of questions.

I been using 2.1.0 on PB902, and I can tell that i am please with it.

AS far as I know the version 2.1.0 have the following issues for my usage:

-PDF viewer do not scroll.
-fbrreader note taking some times missed the first sentence of the copy image.
-fbreader on bookmarks some times missed the page bookmarked, for esample, I bookmark page12, but when I go to the ToC and hit the bookmark to jump to page 12, it will jump to page 13.(i can live with it)
-The note taking icon sometimes cross to another page. This usually happens when the note is taken at the end of the page. ( this do not bother me)

On the same version 2.1.0 I like:

-the new modern theme
-ability to use Cool reader
-ability to use different dicionaries.
-ability to see notes etc
the question is: version 2.1.1 do not change the thing that I mention before? the thing that I like?

Anythng at all that on version 2.1.0 was working and on version 2.1.1 stop working?

at least they fiix pdf viewer scrolling, but i use adobeviewer then.

please advice. I am checking if I upgrade to 2.1.1 on my PB902

thanks!

Quote:
I presume (but do not know) that the fbreader app would be accessible if you got access to teh root of your device: I do not feel confident enough to try, as I am afraid I might erase something inadvertently, but if you are more of a techie you could have a go to see whether fbreader is there. Instructions are here.

agreed!!!

skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:53 PM   #614
paola
Wizard

Hi skydive,
you see I had not noticed the bugs you mentioned, so I really would not want to suggest that you update in case the same mistakes happen (plus I have a 903, so things may work differently). The main advantages that I can see at the moment are the new filing system and the scrolling of pdfviewer. But since you use adobeviewer, and given that you can download and install the application for filing books separately, you may wait a little longer to see how the 2.1.1 works for people with a PB902, and in the meantime play around with the new application to see whether you like it.
I will keep testing, and report if I find any of the bugs you mention. For me the hirksome thing at the moment is not being able to change fonts in FBreader (and in coolreader, but as that one is developed for free, I surely am not going to complain - I am very grateful for all the work the techies of this forum do!).
Old 06-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #615
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
In this version on FB reader you can not change the fonts?

On 2.1.0 I can change fonts on fbreader!!

I thnk I will stay.

What about that app for filling books? what is it?

thanks for your response and I am gratefull for the CR3 development!

Quote:
Hi skydive,
you see I had not noticed the bugs you mentioned, so I really would not want to suggest that you update in case the same mistakes happen (plus I have a 903, so things may work differently). The main advantages that I can see at the moment are the new filing system and the scrolling of pdfviewer. But since you use adobeviewer, and given that you can download and install the application for filing books separately, you may wait a little longer to see how the 2.1.1 works for people with a PB902, and in the meantime play around with the new application to see whether you like it.
I will keep testing, and report if I find any of the bugs you mention. For me the hirksome thing at the moment is not being able to change fonts in FBreader (and in coolreader, but as that one is developed for free, I surely am not going to complain - I am very grateful for all the work the techies of this forum do!).
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote