Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-18-2006, 08:21 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
µBookLite V0.1b for Palm released

A "lite" version of the popular PPC e-book reader µBook is now available for the Palm OS crowd. While it still has some pivotal features missing, such as a search function and bookmark capabilities, judging from the screenshots µBookLite looks like a promising alternative to eReader, Mobipocket Reader and the rest. Features already included:
  • Support for PDB and PRC (not secure) ebook (in HTML, TXT or PML format)
  • Support for embedded images (BMP, GIF, PNG and JPG)
  • Hyphenating, auto-scrolling, font packs

You can download the trial of µBookLite here.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:38 AM   #2
Colebuddy
Splash Mobile Addict
Colebuddy began at the beginning.

Device: Zire 72
ubook Caveat

Welp...this app caused a MAJOR crash on my Zire 72s...one of the most stable OS5's out there. It wreaked havoc...even though I backed up my data a couple of reliable apps, I had a devil of a time retrieving my data. Stay away from this one. It isn't Palm OS compatible as advertised.
Colebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2006, 10:30 PM   #3
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Alpha software, or possibly beta. I had a crash occur on a Z22, but it was running okay before then.

On the Z22, the smallest font ends up being larger than the smallest legible font on eReader. Why uBook doesn't use any of the built-in Palm OS Fonts is beyond me, because in eReader they work quite well.

The display forces paragraphs to full justification; a left-justify option would be nice.

It is not clear to me how to load HTML files onto my Palm for viewing in this thing.

It shows promise. But it is also certainly 0.1 version software as it states.
rmeister0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #4
johnnaryry
Connoisseur
johnnaryry doesn't litterjohnnaryry doesn't litter

Device: 64GB Apple iPad 3 WiFi, 32GB Apple iPhone 4S
I just attempted to try it out on my T3: no luck. It crashed every time I tried to launch it! I don't have the time to mess about with it now, maybe I'll try again when another version gets released...

--ryan
johnnaryry is offline   Reply With Quote