Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-14-2018, 03:41 PM   #1
FavSport:Reading
Enthusiast
FavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Glowlight 3
Why? Template Error Invalid Conversion Specification

I have finally figured out how to sort my series and made a new column titled Series Plugboard Test where all of the books are listed. Every book that is not in a series is listed correctly. However, every book that is part of a series has “TEMPLATE ERROR Invalid conversion specification” listed. I have no idea why.

In my metadata plugboard I selected ePub/nook and typed in the following for my source: {series}{series_index:0>2s | #| - } and then chose title for the destination field.

You should know that I found some information on making a test column which I did. It is great and evidently will show me what it will look like when I transfer the books to my nook, assuming I can fix the template error. For you information, I have set up the test column with the following information:

Lookup name: Series Plugboard
Column Heading: Series Plugboard Test
Column Type: Column built from other columns
Template: {series.......(same as above).

Any ideas? Is it a simple fix?
FavSport:Reading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:32 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quick thought, try removing the space after 0>2s:

Code:
{series}{series_index:0>2s| #| - }
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2018, 04:51 PM   #3
Enthusiast
FavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheese

That was it. Thank you so very much!!!!!!! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it. I can finally move on. I have been struggling with how to set up the series for over a week now, only to have that conversion thing happen to me. Again, thank you!
Old 03-14-2018, 04:59 PM   #4
Enthusiast

Wait.....don’t go! Lol. Running into one more problem. All of the series/titles/order of books show up correctly in my Series Plugboard Test column, but when I transfer them to my nook, I don’t get the # order of the books. What did I do wrong now??? Ugh!
Old 03-14-2018, 05:39 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry. I don't have a Nook so can't help you troubleshoot that one.
Advert
Old 03-14-2018, 05:43 PM   #6
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
On my NST I have to go to library--My files--File name--folder view to get teh ebooks to show in order.

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by FavSport:Reading View Post
Wait.....don’t go! Lol. Running into one more problem. All of the series/titles/order of books show up correctly in my Series Plugboard Test column, but when I transfer them to my nook, I don’t get the # order of the books. What did I do wrong now??? Ugh!
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:57 PM   #7
Enthusiast

I have the Nook Glowlight 3. I can find the books there, but they don’t have the order of the books listed like I have set up in Calibre. There has to be a way to have them transfer over like that; just haven’t figured out what I am doing wrong.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #8
Enthusiast

Thank you. I have also tried moving them to a kindle (yes, everything was changed as needed and the books load beautifully). However, still not showing the order of the series. It just shows the Title and Series. On Calibre, it shows the order # as well. Could it be something in my settings?
Old 03-15-2018, 09:56 AM   #9
Enthusiast

Still struggling here. Is there something I should change in my settings somewhere to make sure that the series book #’s transfer over to my device when moving books? That is the last thing I am hung up on. Please, can somebody help me with this. I have read so much stuff in Calibre help and my head is spinning. I seriously don’t know where to go to fix this last thing.

Thank you.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:33 PM   #10
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Maybe try including the same template in Save to disk/Send to device preferences just in case the Nook sorts by filename and not metadata (based on gbm's post)? Again, I don't have a Nook so this is just a guess.

Code:
{author_sort}/{series}{series_index:0>2s| #| - }{title} - {authors}
Old 03-15-2018, 02:51 PM   #11
Angel Crawford
Enthusiast
Angel Crawford began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3
Don't know the Nook reader. But my Tolino reader didn't work with series -.-
The Tolino reader has a really rudimentary library.
I'm helping me with the fact, that I write the series Information to my Book title, with the Metadata plugboards export.
Could it be, that the Nook-Reader need this workaround, too?
If yes, see my other post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...08#post3670208 with the attached image.
Angel Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:22 PM   #12
Enthusiast

Thank you all. Angel, you solved my problem on another thread today (getting my series #’s to show up on my device) and ilovejedd, you solved my conversion problem from above. You two simply made my day! Thanks again for such useful information.