Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-23-2020, 03:35 PM   #1
Sonicchild86
Sonicchild86 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4 NoTouch Silver (K4)
Unhappy Amazon Kindle 4 BRICKED!

Hey,

I have a Amazon Kindle 4 NoTouch Silver (K4) which I have bricked by trying to jailbreak it so that I could change my screensaver. I followed the instructions on mobileread for Kindle4NTHacking, but could not get passed the Tequila System Diagnostics screen once I had followed the steps. I have tried installing KUBrick K4-K5 zip onto it, probably wrong as I just copied it over (I read the instructions but it was just talking about installing on a windows pc etc which I didn't understand as it said it was to unbrick a K4. Anyway since then I have not been able to do anything, not even go through the system diagnostics settings or turn it off (I am guessing it has ran out of battery). I'm going to plug it in to charge, if someone could please help in the most simplistic of terms. Thanks
Sonicchild86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bricked, kindle 4th, support