Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-16-2023, 04:25 PM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes. Brilliant indeed!
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 06:24 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
Playing with your own RCC file is not necessary.
I have Text only buttons, and I have this ...\AppData\Sigil\Prefs\custom_icon_theme.rcc (~50K bytes). I assume that's where the Text only buttons come from - see attachment.

Now I think about it - I think the text-only F&R buttons might have came with the monochrome buttons at the bottom of Preview panel. When I visited this thread yesterday I wondering where the .rcc file came from because there is absolutely no way I could have created it myself. I normally annotate ad-hoc downloads, but… mice and men….

Anyone wanna fess up

Oh, and could I use qt_styles.qss for the monochrome Preview buttons.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-17 084653.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	200380  

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-16-2023 at 06:32 PM. Reason: add last line
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 07:02 PM   #18
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
The custom_icon_theme.rcc file is not a perpetually up-to-date file. Since you uploaded this file to your computer, Sigil has changed, and new icons have been added, so the file must change and should always be based on the latest "base", i.e. the file from the last release.

You don't see the icons in the F&R panel as a side effect – you don't have those icons in the RCC file, so Sigil displays the text instead.

Creating your own new custom_icon_theme.rcc file is not very difficult, but it's about consistency.
If the icons under the Preview window were to be monochrome, then two of them (copy and print) would also be monochrome in the "File" and "Edit" menus, respectively.
Perhaps you want all icons to be monochrome, then the problem does not exist, because you can easily prepare icons in the Material theme with a selected or even any color (slightly modifying the Python program).
This is described here: https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/IconThemes

And the answer to your last question – unfortunately, it is impossible to change the color of the icons to monochrome only through the qt_styles.qss file.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 01:26 AM   #19
BKh
Zealot
BKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Playing with your own RCC file is not necessary.
Just create a qt_styles.qss file in the Sigil configuration folder and enter there:
OMG, that worked perfectly.

Thank you so much!!

I probably would have learned the icons eventually, however, I tend to use Sigil in big bursts about every six months, so I'm sure I'd forget what they were in the gaps.

And I love all the new powerful search features. Really wonderful since it seems like 90% of all the work I do to files is searching.
BKh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:16 AM   #20
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
The custom_icon_theme.rcc file is not a perpetually up-to-date file. Since you uploaded this file to your computer, Sigil has changed, and new icons have been added, so the file must change and should always be based on the latest "base", i.e. the file from the last release.

You don't see the icons in the F&R panel as a side effect – you don't have those icons in the RCC file, so Sigil displays the text instead.

Creating your own new custom_icon_theme.rcc file is not very difficult, but it's about consistency.
If the icons under the Preview window were to be monochrome, then two of them (copy and print) would also be monochrome in the "File" and "Edit" menus, respectively.
Perhaps you want all icons to be monochrome, then the problem does not exist, because you can easily prepare icons in the Material theme with a selected or even any color (slightly modifying the Python program).
This is described here: https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/IconThemes

And the answer to your last question – unfortunately, it is impossible to change the color of the icons to monochrome only through the qt_styles.qss file.
Ah-ha - there's missing link, the reference to themes at github.

Because, I avoid using the mouse I don't show any tool bars, I can do all I want with menu items, shortcuts, and context menus. It was the coloured icons at the bottom of preview that triggered me into getting that old material-gray theme and using it as a custom theme.

Now I know where it came from I'm okay with what I have, so I'll leave it be.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-17-2023 at 05:50 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote