Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 02-16-2018, 09:39 AM   #106
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
The comment thread on this very news was also locked, and some of the comments that were discussing the Indiegogo campaign were removed (I posted to it, and my comment was #21 at the time; now it's only showing 17 comments, and a locked thread).

Of course if questioned, the good folks at Goodereader.com will say that some "malcontents" (their own word for people whose money they took) were polluting the thread, and it had to be locked...
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:53 AM   #107
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Well, apparently Good Ereader does have stock on hand of both the 13.3" and 6.8" devices. They have uploaded pictures to their Facebook page. They claim that they have been sending them out to customers from both their own store and their Indiegogo campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/Goodereader

I haven't seen any indication of backers from their Indiegogo recently receiving any devices. Previously, people would often post comments when they got their tracking number or their product.

Still amazes me that they would ship to any new customers before fulfilling all the existing orders from the Indiegogo campaign. Especially since Michael initially claimed that they had temporarily closed their Indiegogo campaign so that they could better concentrate on fulfilling their existing orders. (That was before Peter let it slip that their campaign had been shuttered. And before people discovered that they had quietly started offering their devices on Amazon and on their own website.)

Quote:
posted by Michael Kozlowski Aug 29, 2017 • 6:37AM 6 months ago

Hey Everyone! We have decided to stop taking new orders for the Good e-Reader 13.3 so we can focus on fulfilling existing ones. Once we are all caught up we will take new orders again.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...r#/updates/all

Just in the last three weeks, backers with low order numbers (#207, #256, #258) have claimed that they have not received anything from the folks at Good Ereader...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...ader#/comments

Yet Michael claims that they have sold thousands of units. And then he has the nerve to label those asking for their devices or for a refund as "malcontents". Unbelievable.

Quote:
People who receive the items are enjoying them, only the malcontents stir up trouble on the Indiegogo page.

https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...-day-promotion
So, there you have it. You are a malcontent if you ask them to honour their end of the deal after they have had the use of your money for more than a year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Good Ereader Loot 3.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	162368   Click image for larger version

Name:	Good Ereader Loot 2.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	162369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Good Ereader Loot.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	162370  

Last edited by Question Mark; 02-18-2018 at 12:56 AM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:28 PM   #108
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Yet Michael claims that they have sold thousands of units. And then he has the nerve to label those asking for their devices or for a refund as "malcontents". Unbelievable.
More unbelievableness for you (enjoy):
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...nternationally
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:19 PM   #109
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
More unbelievableness for you (enjoy):
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...nternationally
Yes, it is pretty unbelievable that they are attempting to sell the Sony DPT-RP1 for $999 (+ shipping and I would also imagine tax) when Amazon is selling and shipping it to Canada for $699.99 (shipping and estimated import fees would bring it to $799.79).

Perhaps they could offer their long waiting backers on Indiegogo a Sony DPT-RP1 instead if they are unable or unwilling to provide them with a Good Ereader 13.3" device.

On another note, here is what Michael seems to consider a "malcontent":

Quote:
SUK IL YOON 17 hours ago

Order ID: 192
Contribution Date: Apr 30, 2016
Estimated Delivery Date: September 2016
Paid: $729 + shipping
Email: siyoon100@hotmail.com

I cannot wait such a long delay and bought Onyx Max 2. However, I hope to get this perk anyway so I can present to my loved one.

How unreasonable that they should post a comment about not yet receiving their device when they have only been waiting for coming up to two years.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:02 AM   #110
hamlet423
hamlet423 began at the beginning.

Device: none
i had one also...for a bit

I also was an indiegogo backer of the 13.3 inch android e reader

After the initial delays, I kept emailing the backers for a refund. They never responded to any emails about a refund. That went on for along time.

I think that went on for nearly a year? Something like that. I complained to indiegogo they were not responding to any emails to ask about updates or a refund, even with the long delay.

They pretty much did nothing other than tell me to email the person that refused to answer any email.

Despite not wanting the device, they sent it out. The only sort of silver lining was I had used paypal to put the order in. At some point during the campaign indiegogo had stopped working with paypal. I think it is because you can actually STOP payment on paypal and contest a fradulent sale.

At any rate, I got a device-like a year after it was suppose to ship--it was really not impressive-slow--buggy software, very limited. And when I would turn the device I could hear components sliding internally--like something had not been secured in the assembly.

I contacted them again about a replacement...then opted to ask for a return and refund. Then I filed a complaint with paypal and they FINALLY started to answer my emails. I had to pay return shipping from the USA to Canada at about $90, but I was ok to spend $90 to get back potential $729 refund.

Well, after I could see from tracking it was delivered, I kept emailing and asking Peter when I would get a refund. It took quite a few weeks as I had to deal with the hold on the charge with paypal, and lots of back and forth. Peter blamed paypal for the delay. I do not know. But they actually cleared it and I did get the refund. I complained a few times about the issues and Peter or Michael K were rather dismissive of claims and I felt at times implied my refund would be held up if I didn't delete the comments. I did...but it was another sign that something just isn't kosher.

Since I was refunded, I was no longer a backer and could no longer comment on the indiegogo page.

Which is just as well. The entire experience was pretty terrible. I am annoyed about the return shipping but I still got most of my money returned. And while the Good-e-Reader folks were really annoyed I put a hold with paypal, it seemed to be the only way to get them to respond to me.

I truly hope they get in trouble, but indiegogo seems to have quite the infamy with failed campaigns or vaporware. I had also backed something called the thinkcharger which was...rather similar--except I only put it like $80 for the deal---and after a year delay they finally had to cut refunds--quietly. And then folded despite raising far more than the goal.

I don't want to mention the meteor smart watch....
hamlet423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:10 PM   #111
Question Mark
Wizard

Looks like they have been deleting comments from their Indiegogo page again. Earlier today I noticed the following comment which is now gone:

Quote:
Is anybody organizing a mailing list for the victims of these scammers? If so, I would like to be added to it – I ordered their device in late september, 2016 (order # 446), and of course never reveived it. I have since bought an alternative device, but if there is a way to contribute to ruining these thieves’ reputation (or, let’s dream a bit, get a refund), I’m interested…

I find it difficult to believe that the user who left it has received either a device or refund.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:44 AM   #112
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlet423 View Post
I also was an indiegogo backer of the 13.3 inch android e reader
I was tempted but too skeptical to pour 700$ into some dream, as you have said, that's all indiegogo is about. IMHO always assume 50/50 at best
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:38 AM   #113
Question Mark
Wizard

Good Ereader has just released an update saying that they will shortly be releasing a firmware update taking the OS from 4.04 to 4.4. Within the post, Michael also says,

Quote:
We are in the process of placing another order with our manufacturer and hope to send out even more e-readers to our backers.

I recognize that we are taking longer than anticipated with shipping out orders to everyone who placed one. I want you to know that we have full filled over 70% of all the perks.

We have not forgot about all of your support and kind words on our comment page. It is inspiring to read the reviews and the anticipation you are all feeling about being next to receive your e-reader!

In the comments section, I have seen very few positive reviews. Instead, people have been labeling them as thieves and as scammers. And Michael considers such to be "kind words" and "inspiring"? I wonder why he has found it necessary then to start deleting comments there again if he finds such words so inspiring...

And his numbers still don't add up.

In April of last year, he told Teleread that they had fulfilled 60% of their orders from the Inidegogo campaign. https://teleread.org/2017/04/27/as-g...-one-turn-out/

On January 7th of this year, he posted an update claiming to have fulfilled 3/4 of all Indiegogo orders (that would be 75%), shipping "hundreds out every quarter!" https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...r#/updates/all

More recently, he has claimed that thousands of the devices have been sold. https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...-day-promotion

Math certainly doesn't seem to be his forte, nor does telling the truth.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:52 PM   #114
hamlet423
hamlet423 began at the beginning.

Device: none
[QUOTE=Question Mark;3661327]Good Ereader has just released an update saying that they will shortly be releasing a firmware update taking the OS from 4.04 to 4.4. Within the post, Michael also says,

I did check my messages--I thought the device was suppose to get an update to Android 5.0, from 4.04. I don't think I've ever heard of going to 4.4.

I checked my emails and I can't find that...but I'm pretty sure it was android 5.0. And open source....
hamlet423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:15 PM   #115
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlet423 View Post
I did check my messages--I thought the device was suppose to get an update to Android 5.0, from 4.04. I don't think I've ever heard of going to 4.4.

I checked my emails and I can't find that...but I'm pretty sure it was android 5.0. And open source....
I believe the original stretch goal mentioned Android 5.0. However, the update mentions 4.4. A step in the right direction for those few who actually received devices.

Quote:
Great News for 6.8 and 13.3 Owners!

We have some great news for existing 13.3 and 6.8 owners. Within the next three weeks Good e-Reader will be posting an Android update! This will upgrade the operating system from 4.04 to 4.4.

As for the open source comment, that is something they did promise. However, I will be very surprised if they ever deliver on that. I suspect that it is like so much else of what they say: complete and utter BS.

Last edited by Question Mark; 02-23-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:03 PM   #116
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Looks like they have been deleting comments from their Indiegogo page again. Earlier today I noticed the following comment which is now gone:

I find it difficult to believe that the user who left it has received either a device or refund.
I was the one who wrote that comment. Interestingly, when I am logged in to indiegogo, I can still see my comment - but not when I log out...

And no, I haven't received anything. And have essentially given up all hope of it. Backing the campaign was not my best decision; now I'm happy with my other large screen readers, which I use regularly (though I would probably have bought one from Sony if it had been available more easily and had more open software, since I'm mostly interested in reading PDF).
Old 03-04-2018, 02:41 PM   #117
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
I was the one who wrote that comment. Interestingly, when I am logged in to indiegogo, I can still see my comment - but not when I log out...
Thanks for the update. Interesting that you can still see your comment when logged in. I wonder how many backers don't actually realize that their posts have been deleted...

Quote:
And no, I haven't received anything. And have essentially given up all hope of it. Backing the campaign was not my best decision; now I'm happy with my other large screen readers, which I use regularly (though I would probably have bought one from Sony if it had been available more easily and had more open software, since I'm mostly interested in reading PDF).
Sorry to hear that you got taken in by their Ponzi-like pyramid scheme. I very nearly was myself. Fortunately, I stumbled across some information here about their alleged past business practices. That then made me take a deeper look at their website which made me think twice about becoming a backer.

Please keep us informed if you ever receive a device or a refund. I hope for you that you do. However, the fact that Peter has tried to distance himself from the campaign suggests that something is not on the level.

I wonder what Michael is playing at with his most recent update where he thanks people for their "kind words" on the comments page which he finds so "inspiring". He seems to be deliberately thumbing his nose at his long suffering backers.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:46 AM   #118
Question Mark
Wizard

Good Ereader is currently offering a sale on their 13.3" device over on their website.

https://goodereader.com/blog/product...-13-3-e-reader

They are currently offering the 13.3" device for $599. Their backers from their shuttered Indiegogo campaign page had to shell out $699 and it seems that many are still waiting to receive either a device or a refund. Some have apparently been waiting for more than two years.

I wonder how many takers they will get for this sale on their seriously dated device...
Old 05-04-2018, 05:06 AM   #119
Philippe D.
Addict

This is just incredible.

I wonder what the real plan is here - do they actually intend to deliver these "on sale" devices, or are they just trying to steal more money (even though they're getting less per "customer")?
Old 05-06-2018, 09:27 PM   #120
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
This is just incredible.

I wonder what the real plan is here - do they actually intend to deliver these "on sale" devices, or are they just trying to steal more money (even though they're getting less per "customer")?
I imagine that they would have to deliver the product to any customer who purchased it using a credit card. I think it would be fairly straightforward to recover one's money if they failed to deliver. It might take a while, but you'd likely get your money back if you paid by credit card.

However, if someone were naive enough to pay by bank draft or money order, it might turn out differently.

Despite the deep discount, it is still a hefty price to pay for its limited specs. Can't see them selling very many of them given the alternative devices now on the market.

And so, unable to sell them at a reduced price, Michael may get around to fulfilling his obligations to the backers of the Indiegogo campaign. Apparently, another batch of devices will be arriving within the next few weeks, and Michael is claiming that they will actually have too many of them.

Quote:
Almost everyone has received their e-reader on Indiegogo. We keep sending out new units to people all the time. There is just a tiny vocal minority that has not received it yet. I am expecting a new shipment in the first few weeks of May, where even more units will be sent out to people on Indiegogo.

Our latest shipment was delayed by about 1.5 months because we developed an Android 4.4 update, bringing it from 4.04 that shipped on the tablet inititally. The OEM has to to put it though countless rounds of certification to insure everything is working properly.

Indiegogo remains our highest priority...

To be honest we have too many 13.3 coming, not only will all the remaining units on Indiegogo be fulfilled, but we have so many extras.

https://teleread.org/2018/04/29/good...g-orders-wait/
It will be interesting to see if this is just more hot air from Michael. There's a bit of a discussion about just that in the comments to the Teleread article.

I also wonder how many of the backers from the Indiegogo campaign are aware that Michael is offering the devices at such a reduced rate while they continue to wait for theirs. I don't imagine that Michael will be offering to refund them any of their money if he does indeed eventually deliver on the perks.

Tags
goodereader bad