Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which mystery shall we read in February?
Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch 6 33.33%
Artists in Crime by Ngaio Marsh 4 22.22%
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith 9 50.00%
Track of the Cat by Nevada Barr 6 33.33%
The Friends of Eddie Coyle by George V. Higgins 4 22.22%
Holmes On the Range by Steve Hockensmith 5 27.78%
The Rook (The Checquy Files #1) by Daniel O'Malley 3 16.67%
The Dry by Jane Harper 3 16.67%
The Harper's Quine by Pat McIntosh 2 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2017, 02:38 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can we forget this vote every happened and actually pick a good book?

I'm still on the fence if this is a novel or a loosely connected series of short stories.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:14 PM   #32
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can we forget this vote every happened and actually pick a good book?

I'm still on the fence if this is a novel or a loosely connected series of short stories.
Sorry you don't like it. How far have you read?

I've read the whole series twice, so my memory of all the books tends to blur them altogether. It's the characters that hold the series together. I'll start a re-read of no. 1 after I finish Holmes on the Range.

My thanks to whomever nominated HotR, I'm really enjoying it so far.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2017, 09:54 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
Sorry you don't like it. How far have you read?

I've read the whole series twice, so my memory of all the books tends to blur them altogether. It's the characters that hold the series together. I'll start a re-read of no. 1 after I finish Holmes on the Range.

My thanks to whomever nominated HotR, I'm really enjoying it so far.
I'm about to read chapter twenty. I will finish it today. I'm hoping the ending makes it worth the read.

For me, what really didn't work was all the back story stuff. Just tedious.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:40 PM   #34
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Let's save the discussion of this novel for a bit? Though I will just say that it is unlike anything else I normally read, and yet I found it quite enchanting. Doing a re-read shortly, to see if I still agree.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote