Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
firmware 2.1.3 now out

got to dig for it, it is on the Russian Pocketbook site:

Having said this, I am not sure there is much to get excited about, as the release notes only state
Quote:
Release: PRO Series
Software version: 2.1.3
Localization: CIS
April 11, 2012

Implemented
A. Obreey Sync - Synchronization application for content from online store Obreey Store (www.store.obreey.com
I am travelling without the Pro, so cannot check this out.

EDIT: actually for all the pro models available in the US (that is, except for X03) the new firmware is also on the US Pocketbook site.

Last edited by paola; 04-12-2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: new info
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
abijah
Enthusiast
abijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with others

Device: kobo aura h2o
Is this version implemented with fast drive?
abijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
solaris62
solaris62 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 602
With the 2.1.2 firmware Calibre was enable to see my 602 (I was using connect to folder). With 2.1.3 it works,
solaris62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
it is! 2.1.3 is with fast display driver but apart of that generally not a big step compared to 2.1.2

the fw with more advanced functionality is 2.2.1 current still in alpha state exclusively for members of the bug tracker for testing

Last edited by Dolansky; 04-13-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolansky View Post
it is! 2.1.3 is with fast display driver but apart of that generally not a big step compared to 2.1.2

the fw with more advanced functionality is 2.2.1 current still in alpha state exclusively for members of the bug tracker for testing
so, no contrast control with pdf yet, is that correct?
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

just the pdf viewer renders pdf differently with more contrast than the adobe viewer does but with some pdf works with some don't i perfer despite of that the adobe viewer because the pdf viewer renders pdf not as the original pdf and i use mostly text-marking which is not supported with pdf viewer just handwriting. but nontheless if the contrast for some pdf is quite low in adobe viewer try the pdf viewer to compare with.

Last edited by Dolansky; 04-13-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
paola
Wizard

Quote:
just the pdf viewer renders pdf differently with more contrast than the adobe viewer does but with some pdf works with some don't i perfer despite of that the adobe viewer because the pdf viewer renders pdf not as the original pdf and i use mostly text-marking which is not supported with pdf viewer just handwriting. but nontheless if the contrast for some pdf is quite low in adobe viewer try the pdf viewer to compare with.
thanks Dolansky: is just that with the new firmware I thought they would also put controls to increase the contrast (in Adobeviewer I think). Perhaps in another release. If you are testing the 2.2.1, how is it looking?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #8
Dolansky
Groupie

2.2.1 got a real cropping feature for pdf with manual cropping of white margins for even and odd pages.

higher responsivness for the stylus - for handwriting and textmarking and real faster but still not realtime erasing

and higher responsivness for stylus menu navigation

A SONY T1 word looking mode style - hold the stylus direct on a word and you are able to looking for it in the dictionary or google or wikipedia i use it very often

the contrast for pdf in adobe viewer seems to be improved

the adobe viewer is now able to read epub with and without DRM and got similar functionalty in epub-mode than the FBReader and renders some epubs better than FBReader.

The TextToSpeech is improved - the reading flow is definitely smoother - not such long pause after punctuation in former versions.

but 2.2.1 is in alpha mode which means there has to be some major bugs to resolve and meanwhile are mentioned to be fixed in the beta version which is not released yet in the bug tracker i am looking for!

Last edited by Dolansky; 04-13-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #9
paola
Wizard

thanks Dolansky - sounds eally encouraging, as usual well wait!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #10
abijah
Enthusiast
abijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with othersabijah plays well with others

Device: kobo aura h2o
Quote:

Thank you for the information.
Downloaded a book from the obreey store. A bit disappointed that the book is not optimised for pro902--small font and not cropped.
In addition, if we choose to sync obreey automatically, the app should be able to close wifi after updates in order to save battery.
abijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #11
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
i installed, so far so good! this contrast feature for the upcoming version 2.2.1 is worth a try!
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #12
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
I try to install a new tts pack. I do not see it in the (library) browser.
Is this a problem of 2.1.3 ?

I have a PB 903
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
paola
Wizard

have you deleted another pack first? I think you can only have at most four TTS packages installed at any one time.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #14
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
have you deleted another pack first? I think you can only have at most four TTS packages installed at any one time.
I have 3 voices installed, but would like a 4th. But I do not see .pbi files.

It seems they are not displayed by the system.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:02 AM   #15
PD321
PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: PocketBook 602
Little bit unstable. PK602 froze me, I had to restart.

I found a new symbols at the bottom. What does it mean?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0035.JPG
Views:	532
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	85415  
PD321 is offline   Reply With Quote