Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 03:18 AM   #1
abdlink
abdlink began at the beginning.

Device: android device
Lightbulb developping a Plugin for Presentation files

Since PowerPoint files are usually one of information resources to study, it's needed to develop a plugin that can add and process these files to the library.

what's your idea?
abdlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdlink View Post
Since PowerPoint files are usually one of information resources to study, it's needed to develop a plugin that can add and process these files to the library.

what's your idea?
I do this
  1. add an empty book (ctrl/shift/e),
  2. enter the title and name and any other metadata,
  3. add the presentation file (ppt, odp etc) to the empty book via Add files to selected book records (shift/a)
  4. To open the file I can either use the Open With plug in, or I can click the PPT, ODP etc in the Book Details panel to open the file with the associated program -powerpoint, impress etc

Not sure about getting the file out of Calibre onto your Android phone, I do that sort of thing manually.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
We are having a meeting.
If everyone will huddle around my phone, we will start the Power Point show.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
We are having a meeting.
If everyone will huddle around my phone, we will start the Power Point show.
my mistake, I just noticed that the OP has an Android device, probably a tablet.

Maybe with one of Microsoft's 100" 4K TV's attached to it

There are assault rifles that run Linux, does that mean I can install Calibre on one.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
my mistake, I just noticed that the OP has an Android device, probably a tablet.

Maybe with one of Microsoft's 100" 4K TV's attached to it

There are assault rifles that run Linux, does that mean I can install Calibre on one.

BR
Maybe, If it meets the rest of the requirements.
I assume the scope would be where you would browse the library,
But be absolutely sure the Safety is on before making a mouse click
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
plugin development, powerpoint, ppt