Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
pastanley
Zealot
pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4, Kindle fire HD 10
Number of viewers on Amazon

Does anyone else notice that the Amazon forum seems to have the most viewers and the least posters? For example as of right now , it states that there are 297 current viewers on the amazon forum but only one (1) post has been started today. All the other big players such as Barnes and Noble and Apple devices tend to hang in the 45-65 viewer range. I find it hard to believe that there are 297 viewers just reading posts and not participating in discussions.
pastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I look at that forum (and 3 others) multiple times daily, and make perhaps two posts daily (total). I doubt I'm the only one who frequents the forums and rarely posts. I suspect most people in the Kindle forum are searching for help with a problem, find an answer, and leave without ever posting.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
There is a very good chance what you are seeing are web bots/spiders that crawl the web and most forums are infected with them. All search engines use them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_crawler
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastanley View Post
Does anyone else notice that the Amazon forum seems to have the most viewers and the least posters? For example as of right now , it states that there are 297 current viewers on the amazon forum but only one (1) post has been started today. All the other big players such as Barnes and Noble and Apple devices tend to hang in the 45-65 viewer range. I find it hard to believe that there are 297 viewers just reading posts and not participating in discussions.
It's because the Amazon people are all busy enjoying their Amazon devices and are just checking in to see what's up.
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
I'm always in there nibbing around but rarely post there. Most of my posts are in other forums.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #6
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
There is a very good chance what you are seeing are web bots/spiders that crawl the web and most forums are infected with them. All search engines use them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_crawler
Where is pest control when you need them?
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #7
Agatha Chicken
Super Star Crime Writer
Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of them!
There are currently 155 members and 2030 guests on MobileRead. I hadn't realised the Amazon forums were so quiet.
Agatha Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I'm reading the Amazon Kindle forum while trying to make up my mind whether I want to replace my k3 with a Paperwhite. I got a chance to play with a PW last night - the screen is really impressive, but I'm still not sure about the touch screen... or rather the touch screen isn't sure about me. As often as not, it wouldn't respond to my touch the first (or second) time. Also, I'm not sure about whether I want to jailbreak it so I can manage collections via calibre... but I rarely post there. Maybe I should.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #9
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I visit MobileRead's Amazon forum multiple times a day—every day—but rarely post. I'm usually looking for Kindle news and to see if there are any questions I can help with.

One of the reasons I don't post there often is because I have a Kindle Keyboard. Most of the questions these days are regarding the newer devices, which I'm not as familiar with.

I also view other areas of MR daily (especially News and General Discussions), mainly to keep up with what's happening with devices and ebooks. I'd comment more often in those forums but often find that either (1) what I was going to say has already been posted and I don't want to sound like a parrot or (2) I'm not well enough informed about the subject to voice a thoughtful opinion or contribute in a meaningful way. I do find many of the discussions interesting, though.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I look at it this way. Most of the questions about Kindles have been asked so there is not as much interaction. If you look though, you'll see some of the same topics repeated.

Check again when something new happens (firmware updates, new hacks, new Kindles, some other Amazon news, etc) and you'll see an explosion of activity. Most of us are lurking waiting for that next explosion.

Also, there are other places for Kindle owners to interact (Amazon's boards, Kindleboards...), so people are all over the place.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastanley View Post
Of the first 2 groups, Amazon has the most threads, and then Sony, but Sony has only about the same number of viewers as everyone except Amazon which has many more.

I think most Sony threads are older. There was a time when Sony was the King, but you know the rhyme about the king is dead, long live the king. The new King is Amazon.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #12
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
I found this forum after buying a kindle. There is a lot of information for newbies. There are a lot of new kindle users. Makes sense to me.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #13
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I also noticed that there are many more members in the Kindle forum than in the other device ones. There are hardly ever any new posts in the Nook forum, for instance. It may be an indication that some devices are on their way out.

I love my Kindles, but competition always profits the users.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #14
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
There's an Amazon forum?
Witty Username is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
There's an Amazon forum?
Yep! You can post on just about anything sold on Amazon. If you scroll to the bottom of the product page, you'll see posts under "Customer Discussions" or "Customer Questions & Answers" (if someone thought the item worthy of a post).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote