Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 08:05 PM   #1
JerryC
JerryC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre Can't Read Kindle Fire 8

Tried using Calibre on my Linux laptop connected to my Kindle Fire 8. It connects OK but downloads gibberish. It's like Amazon changed the file format. It ends up showing I have 748 books when the actual count is 300. Out of all the gibberish I was able to find about 10 - 12 usable records. Is this a known problem? Can I do anything to fix this? What else do you need to know?

JC
JerryC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Amazon has moved to KFX format on its devices. You should download the files directly from your manage my content page on amazon.com. THat will give you useable azw3 files.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2017, 03:49 PM   #3
JerryC
JerryC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
We travel a lot but I now have time to work with this. I found a thread from January where it appears some people have figured out how to get the new book format into Calibre. Would someone care to post the exact steps to accomplish this?

Thank you for your time.

JC
JerryC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryC View Post
I found a thread from January where it appears some people have figured out how to get the new book format into Calibre. Would someone care to post the exact steps to accomplish this?
See this thread for information: Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre

(Method 4 there describes conversion from KFX and why it is still best to avoid when possible.)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote