Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-27-2017, 07:49 AM   #1
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: kindle
Index not working for entries within <em>

I hope this is the right thread. I pretty sure, as per the title, the sigil index creator does not indicize the entries that are within EM tags. It does include the words within < i > tag though, so if I search and replace all instances of < em > with < i > it works.

Can anyone confirm? Is there another way out?

Also, is there a way to make it case insensitive?

Thanks.

Last edited by 1v4n0; 10-27-2017 at 08:06 AM.
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:44 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sigil's auto-index generation routines do not pay the least bit of attention to how a word may be formatted. It only gathers the words themselves.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:13 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry. I misunderstood the issue being described. Someone has confirmed that words inside em tags get ignored during index generation. We'll look into it.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:42 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I think we need to look at XhtmlDoc.cpp and look at how ID_TAGS are defined and possibly add "em" to this list. I have not walke the code as I am away from my dev box, so that is just a wag.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks, Kevin. I've not looked at that code either.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:49 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Would you also have to add <strong> where you have <b>?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:56 AM   #7
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Both strong and b tags are already part of ID_TAGS. That function that uses ID_TAGS is invoked from the indexer code to get the text of a node but I really need to sit down to understand how it works first before knowing if this is the culprit or not.

Last edited by KevinH; 10-28-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:44 PM   #8
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Just pushed to master the fix for this. Index terms inside em tags are now properly marked and used during Index generation.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:51 PM   #9
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
You guys are awesome!

Do you have a best guestimate when the next official release will be posted?
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:24 PM   #10
KevinH
Sigil Developer

I am hoping in about 2 or 3 weeks once my teaching ends and I have more free time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
You guys are awesome!

Do you have a best guestimate when the next official release will be posted?
Old 10-30-2017, 09:53 AM   #11
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: kindle
Thank you. That was fast
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote