Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-29-2017, 12:55 PM   #1
Semco
Semco began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Question Metadata/Comments/Book Description not showing up on Nook

This problem has been driving me crazy for a year now. I have a Glowlight Plus (for the waterproof feature). I actually like it quite a bit for reading, with this one exception. Books transfer from Calibre just fine, including covers, but NOT the book description/comments/metadata (I'm not sure what the proper Calibre term is for this information). With the Glowlight Plus you access this info with a double click on the library entry. This does work with a book sent directly from my BN account, but with Calibre books nothing happens. I haven't been able to find anyone else describing this problem. Calibre does create a metadata file - in the /Nook folder. I have had the books put here and also in /my files and /my files/books. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas/solutions?
Semco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I know, B&N does not support this for side-laoded books, only for books purchased from them.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:23 PM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semco View Post
This problem has been driving me crazy for a year now. I have a Glowlight Plus (for the waterproof feature). I actually like it quite a bit for reading, with this one exception. Books transfer from Calibre just fine, including covers, but NOT the book description/comments/metadata (I'm not sure what the proper Calibre term is for this information). With the Glowlight Plus you access this info with a double click on the library entry. This does work with a book sent directly from my BN account, but with Calibre books nothing happens. I haven't been able to find anyone else describing this problem. Calibre does create a metadata file - in the /Nook folder. I have had the books put here and also in /my files and /my files/books. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas/solutions?
B&N does not support side loading, sorry but that is the way The Nook works.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #4
Semco
Semco began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Thanks so much for that quick reply. Not the answer I was hoping for, but one I totally trust. At least I can quit looking and live with it.
Semco is offline   Reply With Quote