Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-03-2024, 08:56 AM   #1
icrhodes1
icrhodes1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
hyperlink to goodreads on author name

Is it possible, or where can i do it, change the link that opens good reads when you click on author. I have found https://www.fantasticfiction.com/ a but better information site than good reads, but have to open and search manually
icrhodes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:28 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Preferences: Look & Feel: Book details (sidebar): clicking on author names...
<choose there >
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2024, 06:39 AM   #3
icrhodes1

Many thanks for your help
Old 03-08-2024, 10:14 AM   #4
icrhodes1

Hi

I have used the function to "copy all author sort values to author" to enable them to be listed alphabetically on my reader, this throws not found on fantastic fiction website just using the {author} field. is there a variable like Author_firstname or author_surname? I have changed the search to title for now but will be a bit of a hit or miss.

thanks for any help
Old 03-08-2024, 01:58 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
{author_sort} is a valid name, just no column
You can use that anyplace a template can be used.

Note: if you made the sort the same as the Author, there is no gain .
My personal pref is Author Fn Ln and the sort Ln, Fn
Avoid fudging Calibre metadata to fix a device issue. Use the templates and plugboard for those

There was a tick box on the Kindle driver to us Author_sort for metadata sent to the K
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2024, 10:31 AM   #6
icrhodes1

thanks for the info Ducks will keep that in mind for future, will just enter the info now
Old 03-29-2024, 10:10 AM   #7
gstock97
gstock97 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Using Fantastic Fiction to search by Author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Preferences: Look & Feel: Book details (sidebar): clicking on author names...
<choose there >
I see where you can select you preference, but there isn't an option for Fantastic Fiction. Any help to implement this as the default search would be appreciated for this function.

Thanks

gstock97
gstock97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 02:23 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
At the bottom of the list of search URLs, there is a Use custom search URL. Select that and enter the URL for Fantastic Fiction. You might even be able to create a rule to generate the exact author search but that is beyond what I am interested in.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote