Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-18-2021, 05:59 AM   #1
Rbk95
Rbk95 began at the beginning.

Device: Windows
How do i import/export highlights in Calibre?

Please everyone you know what I'm talking about?
Rbk95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 12:20 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk95 View Post
Please everyone you know what I'm talking about?
Actually, I don't know what you are talking about? Are you wanting to import/export highlights from/to a book read using the calibre ebook viewer? Highlights made on your reading device?

Ebook viewer: right click on book, hover on the View, select Browse annotations and you can select and export highlights/annotations from there. If the book is epub format, the highlights are stored in the epub.

Ereader device: If supported, you can try the Annotations plugin to import to calibre.

As far as I know, there is no easy way to export to an ereader device.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2021, 09:35 AM   #3
Rbk95
Rbk95 began at the beginning.

Device: Windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Actually, I don't know what you are talking about? Are you wanting to import/export highlights from/to a book read using the calibre ebook viewer? Highlights made on your reading device?

Ebook viewer: right click on book, hover on the View, select Browse annotations and you can select and export highlights/annotations from there. If the book is epub format, the highlights are stored in the epub.

Ereader device: If supported, you can try the Annotations plugin to import to calibre.

As far as I know, there is no easy way to export to an ereader device.
You have any idea how do I contact calibre support??
Rbk95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:05 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk95 View Post
You have any idea how do I contact calibre support??
You just did. User-helpers and developers use MR as the only support vehicle (beside the official bug reporting site)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:18 PM   #5
sultec
sultec began at the beginning.

Device: Life Drive
I don't see an option to import, There s an option to export. That's not what I want.
sultec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2021, 10:46 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no importing of highlights. Highlights are intimately tied to book structure, and thus to individual book instances, as book structure is easily changed between instances.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:34 PM   #7
knwifuru
knwifuru began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There is no importing of highlights. Highlights are intimately tied to book structure, and thus to individual book instances, as book structure is easily changed between instances.
Well, I'm reading the SAME reference book at home as well as at work, and I want to make the same highlighting for both e-book.
knwifuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:53 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knwifuru View Post
Well, I'm reading the SAME reference book at home as well as at work, and I want to make the same highlighting for both e-book.
So use the same book file, assuming its in epub format the highlights will be present in the file by default (unless you turned it off in the viewer preferences).
Old 01-21-2022, 10:50 PM   #9
knwifuru
knwifuru began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Quote:
So use the same book file, assuming its in epub format the highlights will be present in the file by default (unless you turned it off in the viewer preferences).
You mean I have to copy and bring the epub file to/from home/work?

Is there any way to share the same epub file at home and work?
knwifuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:01 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If you want to read the same book in two places, you obviously need the file in those two places. If you dont like copying files, then setup the calibre content server, which will automatically sync highlights etc when the same user logs in from multiple places.
Old 08-18-2022, 11:00 AM   #11
pgkeht
pgkeht began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Air 2 Plus
Hi, I access my Calibre library on my 2 laptops (Windows 10 synced via onedrive) and it works perfectly. I can access books and my highlights are synced.

I was recently gifted a Boox Note Air 2 Plus. I can access the books, but I cannot access my highlights.

Are there any android reader apps which can read and display the calibre view highlights?
pgkeht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 11:41 AM   #12
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I seriously doubt it. There is a total lack of an implemented standard for annotations

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:43 AM   #13
RVas
RVas began at the beginning.

Device: laptop, android phone
Quote:
Hello kovidgoyal - I am using your wonderful Calibre and am trying to combine previously highlighted/annotated articles into a single epub. After exporting to .calibre_highlights file I can see that the highlights differ from standalone article to combined article by only the spine index. A simple search/replace and the.calibre_highlights file could now be imported into the single combined epub. But, there is no import that I can find. Is there a workaround? BTW I'm using EpubMerge to combine articles.
Thanks,
Richard
RVas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:46 AM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can ask the developer of that plugin if they are willing to ass functionality to merge annotations while merging books.
Old 03-29-2024, 01:15 PM   #15
RVas
RVas began at the beginning.

Device: laptop, android phone
Quote:
You can ask the developer of that plugin if they are willing to ass functionality to merge annotations while merging books.
Thanks for the quick reply, Kovid. I will ask the EpubMerge creator. How do I make an enhancement request to base-Calibre for a user-beware import of .calibre_highlight files?
RVas is offline   Reply With Quote