Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-19-2015, 04:06 AM   #16
Kunvp
Enthusiast
Kunvp began at the beginning.

Device: Promedia e-reader (Onyx C67ML) - Aldi2016 / Former: Sony PRS-T1&T2
An easy way to transfer files to the SD card and using a USB cable from the Ereader

Transferring E-books to Pro+:

Two options:

1. I use the great free program: calibre to manage and transmit books using an USB. calibre recognises the eRaeder Pro+.
http://calibre-ebook.com/

2. Connect your ereader to your computer using the USB cable.
Once the divece is recognised you can manually drop books in the folder:
> Computer\eReader_Pro\NAND FLASH\Books
Kunvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:31 AM   #17
urbie
Enthusiast
urbie began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
What is Energysistems Ota update policy regarding systems software ? I'm still on 1.0 and when using the update function it says "up to date". Don't want to go through the hassle of downloading from the site and updating through 3rd party software.
What kind of tweaks do you guys and gals use to improve battery time? I read somewhere two weeks while I've 2-3 days.
urbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2015, 07:57 AM   #18
dieselnutjob
dieselnutjob began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Sistem eReader Pro+
My about screen does not state the Energy Version.
Here is a photo of the about screen

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Also when I select Energy updates and tap Search for updates it says "No update found"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunvp View Post
What is meant by 2.0.0B
The most recent version of the firmware fot the Pro+ is 2.0.0B (august 2015).

Check the firmware on you device:
1. go to the home screen, and choose [Setting]
2. choose [About eReader >] (last option)
3. In the new screen you'll find: Energy Version. Mine is 2.0.0B as I have upgraded a week ago (August 9th, 2015)

UPDATE your device :
1. connect to wifi
2. goto the home screen, choose [Setting]
3. choose [Energy Updates] (second last option)
4. the new update will be found
5. choose to install and give thre device some time to install
6. Reboot

I strongly recommend ti Reset your ereader Pro following the update. It made my device run smoother.

RESET your device:
1. go to the home screen, and choose [Setting]
2. choose [Backup & Reset]]
3. push [reset ereader]
4. choose [erasa everything] - you will loose all downloaded apps,
but not your books! You'l have to login to your Google account again too.

Please share your experience.

Kun

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-25-2015 at 04:09 PM.
dieselnutjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:30 PM   #19
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Energy eReader Pro+ update

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbie View Post
What is Energysistems Ota update policy regarding systems software ? I'm still on 1.0 and when using the update function it says "up to date". Don't want to go through the hassle of downloading from the site and updating through 3rd party software.
What kind of tweaks do you guys and gals use to improve battery time? I read somewhere two weeks while I've 2-3 days.
Update isn't difficult. If Ota is not shown on your device, download update.zip 2.0 for eReader Pro+ and put it onto the root of an microsd card. Put it into the device and the update process will start. Batterylife seems much better and touchscreen problems some people claimed to get with this update are solved by a system reset. The other ways to prolong the batterylife are much more demanding.

@dieselnutjob:
You have firmware version 1.0.0 (field build number).
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:24 PM   #20
dieselnutjob

the zip file has worked but now the touch screen doesn't work.

I read somewhere that I can do a factory reset using the power and reset button but now I can't find where I read that.

Can you tell me how to do a factory reset without using the touch screen?

thanks DNJ
Advert
Old 08-23-2015, 03:05 AM   #21
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Factory reset was supposed to happen before flashing the update.
Some ways that could work:

1) I don't know if the pro+ has a better recovery menü than the pro. You can try it after switching the device off (loooongpress power) and starting it while refresh button and power button are pressed.

2) If you have root you could use adb (adb shell
recovery --wipe_data). More help at this thread .

3) Downgrade to version 1 again (ROM at this site. Factory reset upgrade v.2.

Edit: Factory reset while pressing power button and reset button: I don't know but its worth a try. You need to switch off the device with a very long press of the power button and then probably holding both buttons till the factory reset is starting.

Edit2:
Found 2 ways to reset in the energy forum, please inform which helped:

1) To reset, pressing into the small hole next to the micro USB connector while holding down the screen refresh button, top left button ....
expect an image of an Android robot lying with an exclamation ... then back to reset by pressing only the hidden next to the micro USB button appears (I recommend using a clip, gently of course)

2) I've gotten the doll lying, by simultaneously pressing the following buttons appear:
Screen Refresh button,
page turn key back right side (That is, top of the key long pass right-hand page) and
Home key (the key boot device).
Once the doll, reset with a clip appears.

3) Those instruction seem a little confusing. My 2cents. You come to the lying doll by pressing the refresh button and the power button to start. If the lying robot appears gently press the reset button with a clip.

Please keep us informed what helped.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 08-23-2015 at 03:21 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:29 AM   #22
dieselnutjob

thank you for your help. My ereader is now working correctly with 2.0.0B

This is how I did it.

1: Press screen refresh button and reset button (needs paper clip) at the same time, and keep pressing screen refresh button so that it is still pressed as the ereader reboots.

The ereader will reboot with a robot lying on it's back, stomach door open and an exclamation mark.

2: Press just the reset button (needs paper clip).

The ereader now restarted, and the screen is working. This is not a factory reset because my wifi settings are still there.

However my touch screen now works.

3: Because my touch screen works I can now do Settings->Backup&Reset->Reset eReader

Now I have a new eReader and I have to select language, reset time zone, reinstall apps etc.

Thanks.

By the way I did do a factory reset before installing 2.0.0B firmware, but the touch screen still messed up. Basically only the left 40% of the screen was detecting touch. However it is possible to recover by using the proceedure above so nothing to worry about.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:53 AM   #23
dieselnutjob

I have documented all of this on the wiki at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Ener...eReader_Pro%2B

Last edited by dieselnutjob; 08-23-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:11 PM   #24
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Dieselnutjob
Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:25 AM   #25
dieselnutjob

sorry
Old 08-28-2015, 02:13 AM   #26
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Dieselnutjob
Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Would it be possible to not being allowed to post pictures that dont follow the guidelines as just removing these pic makes it for a worse experience than having very large pics in a thread.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:41 AM   #27
urbie
Enthusiast
urbie began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Arranging Pro+ and question

Slowly I've got my Energy Pro+ arranged in the way i like it and i must confess that tweaking and experimenting is a part of e reader-joy for me that i didn't have with dedicated e-readers like Sony, Kobo and Kindle. I rooted (Root_master_1.3.6_Cekas_Fix), installed my favorite book reader (Alreader), got TTS with SVOX, a decent Folderplayer (Mortplayer) ,added the offline reader Pocket, a note taking app, an extended file manager (FX) and very useful.....Button Savior.
With the latter i can easily switch to and from other apps while reading eg, taking extended notes, control the audioplayer volume and even bring the reader in a quick sleep.
There's one thing i couldn't sort out yet.
In "recently added" and "recently read" some system-files show up like config files and i think that's very inconvenient. Is there no way to prevent that ?
urbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:22 PM   #28
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Would it be possible to not being allowed to post pictures that dont follow the guidelines as just removing these pic makes it for a worse experience than having very large pics in a thread.

We are working on this, but it is not yet implemented. In the meantime, when members fail to read and follow our Posting Guidelines, then those images will be removed.

The easiest solution is to post the image as an attachment.

Ok - back to the on-topic posts.

Thank you.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-29-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:28 AM   #29
Kunvp
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselnutjob View Post
I have documented all of this on the wiki at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Ener...eReader_Pro%2B
Thank you so much for this dieselnutjob
I couldn't work it out.
Koen

EDIT: And now I did!
I have started a new page:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Ener...roubleshooting. As your page is ment for hardware info only.

Last edited by Kunvp; 09-05-2015 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:28 PM   #30
Kunvp
Enthusiast

NOTES, Highlighting, ... - Energy Sistem eReader Pro+

Dear Energy team and forum members, ,

There are some bugs that make it difficult to use the NOTES option whilst reading. I am using a Pro+, updated to 2.0.0B.

I suspect that some options aren't available at al (as editing a note). In the past I used to read with a Sony prst-1 and 2 where this function was very good and useful.
I do a lot of reading and love notetaking, any tip or improvement are welcome.

1. SELECTING TEXT whilst reading:

1.1. Selecting a single word:
selecting one word works by holding your finger on it.

PROBLEM: it is not possible to select only a part of a word using the little pointers. The selection disapears. (Sometimes the dictionary does not recognise the full word, but would recognise the first part)

1.2. Selecting text: possible by holding finger on the first word, then gently selecting till the last word.

PROBLEM: It is nog possble to adjust the selection using the little pointers. (The selection just disappears.)

> Once text is selected one has 4 options: copy the text, taking a note, "higlight" the text and dictionary.

2. Taking Notes / higlighting:

2.1. Taking a note is possible. Editing an excisting note is NOT possible.

QUESTION1: how to EDIT an exhisting note?

2.2 Highlighting text, works fine.

Suggestion for next Firmware relaese: make the "highlighted" background less grey.

2.3 Highlighting en Notes

QUESTION: How to export highlighted text and notes?

Thanks.

Tags
ereader, google account manager, google play, kobo app, pro+, t62+