Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 04:39 AM   #1
robkat
Connoisseur
robkat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
BOOK WITH NO FILE

Hi, i have lots of entries in the when using collections plug-in that says "Book with no file". What are these and can i safely delete them?
robkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:43 AM   #2
robkat
Connoisseur
robkat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
Sorry, meant to say, that when using collections plug-in there are lots of entries that have "book with no file" then a string of characters. What are these and how can I get rid of them?
cheers
robkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
Simplex
Simplex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard WiFi
Here's what I found in the detailed report of Collections Plugin:
Quote:
Books listed as "Book with no file" indicate books found in a collection that do not have a file on the Kindle filesystem (or are empty) and therefore the title is not known. Either the book is an Internal Kindle file (like a dictionary) which is okay, or it is a book that has been deleted but left in a collection - you can use Edit Collections to remove it.
Simplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
AndyW1691
AndyW1691 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Mac OSX
I also have this problem. What would be really useful would be some hint as to the title of the book or the name of the collection.

At the moment I am trying to identify and delete 5 missing book entries from 106 books organised into 13 Kindle collections. It is a real pain for me and I have a very small library compared to some of the posters here.

Andy
AndyW1691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
People should take note that there are different devices (and hence problems) being discussed in this thread. The original poster according to their profile is using a *Sony* device, so any answers or issues discussing the *Kindle* will have zero relevance. There is a feature in calibre called "Collections" that is specific to Sony devices only, it does not work with Kindles.

@Andy - There is a separate "Kindle Collections" plugin that some users use for working with Kindle devices only. If you have been using this plugin, you should post on that forum thread for help with that.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
AndyW1691
AndyW1691 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Mac OSX
@kiwidude

I hang my head in shame on two counts; firstly you are correct about the original post and secondly, if I had bothered to read to the report from the Kindle Collections plugin a bit more then I would have seen that it lists which collection the book with no file entry is listed.

I'll go and lurk a bit more before posting

Andy
AndyW1691 is offline   Reply With Quote