Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
NightBookworm
NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.

Device: Kindle
Anybody else ok staying in to read on Friday night?

I plan on curling up with a good book tonight but I know the calls are going to start coming in...Bookworm, why don't you want to go out tonight? Bookworm, why are you so anti social? Bookworm is there something wrong with you? Bookworm, did I do something to offend you?

I know my friends intentions are good but it can get downright annoying. I keep on telling them I truly have no desire to go out but it's viewed like I'm sort of alien freak but then I stumbled on this.

http://briankim.net/blog/2007/10/top...ut-introverts/

Its scary how accurate it is. That word recharge makes so much sense to me and explains why I can't stay at parties for too long (or even want to go to them).

Anybody else discover they're an introvert?
NightBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've always been an introvert anyway. Saturday night's would be snooker night out, but that was about it for me.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
I am totally happy with a Friday night spent reading! What makes it even better: Cabernet sauvignon, lavender bubble bath, and a great thunderstorm. Aahhh perfect Friday night!!
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm OK reading.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBookworm View Post
Its scary how accurate it is. That word recharge makes so much sense to me and explains why I can't stay at parties for too long (or even want to go to them).

Anybody else discover they're an introvert?
This is completely me. My activities are totally introverted. (reading, knitting and crafts, writing, practicing musical instruments).

And I am not "shy". get me going on a topic and I sometimes run the risk of over-talking.
It's just that I have a very low threshold for actually attending "social events".

I prefer more intimate groups of 2-4, and there has to be enough of a background relationship that people understand if I am knitting it doesn't mean I am ignoring them. But I love me some peace and quiet and being able to be in the driver's seat for "what to do".

I tend not to seek out high-maintenance friendships anyway, so getting pressured by people is not a big part of my life these days, but I do occasionally get odd looks for choosing reading over going out on the cliched social evenings. (if someone doesn't know me too well)
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Unless there's a good movie on, I'll probably play a few games of chess on chess.com and then read.

Last edited by The Terminator; 05-25-2012 at 11:42 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:43 AM   #7
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
You have a couple kids, you wait twenty years, you welcome a Friday night when you actually can find the time to read!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #8
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Yep that's me. Of course DH and the cats are here so I'm not really home alone.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #9
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I love spending my Friday nights at home with my husband, reading. When I do socialize, I much prefer to invite 2-3 friends over for dinner or go to dinner at one of their houses or at a restaurant. I don't do well with large groups of people, and I find that I feel a bit of anxiety whenever I am in a social situation with a lot of people, such as a party or wedding. It has been getting worse with age - before I didn't like those types of situations, but they didn't particularly make me anxious.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
In my youth, I spent far too many Friday nights standing around at parties doing the "social thing" and found myself thinking "I could be home reading ...." - so I began using that as a touchstone for deciding whether to go out or stay in ... guess where I usually ended up?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
In my youth, I too spent many Friday (and Saturday) nights out and could never understand how not anyone would be eager to do so, how one could stay at home (what a waste of time!). How times have changed!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
In my youth, I too spent many Friday (and Saturday) nights out and could never understand how not anyone would be eager to do so, how one could stay at home (what a waste of time!). How times have changed!
And now you hear on the news how someone went out, got drunk and vanished only to turn up dead.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I suppose I feel alright about it since doing anything else on a Friday night would be the exception.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #14
lucasfernan89
Fanatic
lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle
I'd love to be going out but I've got class early in the morning so Fridays are safer spent reading - plus I really want to get through my book! It's itching.
lucasfernan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Reading on Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night... I think you must of noticed the trend? Any night is a good night to read!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote