Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
ondabeach
Groupie
ondabeach doesn't litterondabeach doesn't litter

Device: HTC touch Diamond, Ipaq 3115
Talking ZuluReader now has dictionary lookup

Hi all, I have added dictionary lookup to Zulureader. Download the update at www.zuluexpress.com (dictionary.zip needs to be downloaded seperately).

Questions or new feature suggestions, email me at stevedales@gmail.com

Enjoy,

Steve.
ondabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is it possible to use commercial dictionaries (eg Oxford, Collins, Chambers, etc) with this, or is it restricted to simple ASCII word lists?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
ondabeach
Groupie

Hi Harry,

If there is a win mobile dictionary that supports command line arguments let me know and I will download a trial copy (if available) and, in the words of Jean Luc Picard 'Make it so'. Once that is done then it will work with any third party dictionary that accpts command line arguments. All ZR needs to do is start the Dictionary app with the subject word as a command line argument.

ZR's 'built in dictionary' uses a zip file (dictionary.zip) which contains a heap of html files (Aa.html, Ab.html, Ac.html..... Za.html,Zb.html etc). When you look up a word in ZR the appropriate html file is extracted from the zip, based on the first two characters of the word, then that file is searched for the subject word and the result is displayed using your default browser. This actually gives you the ability to add to the dictionary if you want to.

I will do some googling myself and see if I can find a suitable third party dictionary.

Feel free to email me at stevedales@gmail.com, that way I won't have to sift through lots of threads to find things I need to respond to.

Cheers,

Steve.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Steve you can set up this thread to send you emails directly this setting is in the "User CP" link.

Wow your reader is coming along nicely! Now if you could add TTS feature this reader would be awesome. And also the only mobile solution that has this feature.

There is some free java TTS engines out there and several wince solutions.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:51 AM   #5
ondabeach
Groupie

Thanks for that info Wizard, that will help me a lot. And you just helped me decide what feature to add next.... TTS. Watch this space!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondabeach View Post
Thanks for that info Wizard, that will help me a lot. And you just helped me decide what feature to add next.... TTS. Watch this space!
Awesome! I will.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote