Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #46
jayne80
Connoisseur
jayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toys

Device: iphone 4s, ipad 3, kindle touch,kindle PW, kobo mini, kobo aura
The first ebook i bought was one of the early Dark Hunter books by Sherrilyn Kenyon it was from peanut press and i read it on my ipaq 1910.
jayne80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #47
Crescent_Hawk0
Crescent_Hawk0 began at the beginning.

Device: None
I haven't gotten an e-reader yet. I'm still mulling it over. The first "e-book" I read was the first Allan Quartermain book series. I had seen the two movies, King Soloman's mines(both), and Allan Quartmain and the lost city of gold. A number of years ago I saw a movie called "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" in it was Allan Quartermain. I did a little research and found out that the books, being printed starting in 1885 were in public domain.
Crescent_Hawk0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #48
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
The first book I purchased was A Meeting at Corvallis.

I had just gotten my 505 and couldn't find the MMPB of Corvallis anywhere. I logged on to Sony's store and grabbed it up in LRF format. I was amazed when I was reading it within ten minutes.

Amazed at the ease of use, I purchased three more books to fill my reader.

And now five readers later, the digital shelf has grown exponentially out of control.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #49
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
My first ebook reading experience was couple of chapters of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer on my Compaq iPaq PDA. I can't remember if I got it from somewhere, but I think it came with it.

I didn't read another ebook until I bought my PRS-505, and the first book I read on that was Wuthering Heights, the freebie that come with it.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #50
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
My first ebook was The Call of the Wild by Jack London. I downloaded it to make sure I would be able to from Japan at all. The first ones I purchased were In Pale Battalions by Robert Goddard and The Stand.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #51
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
The Seventh Sword trilogy (starting with The Reluctant Swordsman) by Dave Duncan. I had been unable to find the books in print when I finally did find them in eBook format.
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote