Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
lenrev
lenrev began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nook and PDF issues..

I have really enjoyed my Nook but find it lacking with a PDF version of a magazine. I changed my subscription to their e-version only as a trial. The e-version has photo's in color though I realize this won't happen in the Nook.

The problem is that when I try to advance to a new page the Nook often appears to stall for very long periods, so much so that using it is virtually impossible. I use Calibre to manage the file transfer, haven't done so outside of Calibre, so don't know if direct transfer of the file will help.

I'm curious if others have had similar experiences.
lenrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:01 AM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
If you are using a very graphic heavy magazine, I'm sure it'll take some time for it to load each page. PDF support on most E-Ink readers are INCREDIBLY in-adequate for most purposes. At least in my experience they are.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert