Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #151
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I think both topaz AND B&N epub needs to die a quick death
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #152
tagtog
tagtog began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
I believe there's a version 0.7 of mobidedrm out. You probably don't need to keep the older versions -- just the newest named as "mobidedrm.py".
I don't believe you are here i♥cabbages; Please just take a tour here; WE NEED YOU Here
PLZ PLZ
tagtog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #153
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
I would beg to differ - most of the books that are Topaz are only available in Topaz. Are there any of the B&N new-DRM epub that aren't available elsewhere (in a currently strippable format)? I would think it's about having the largest variety of books.
B&N EPUB DRM is done -- I'm just waiting on feedback from testers before releasing. Actually, if anyone else is actually using B&N EPUBs yet, more feedback is better. PM me if you'd like to help test.

As for Topaz, how does one identify which books are Topaz, and/or could you point me at a few? No promises, but since I'm on a roll, I'll take a look.
i♥cabbages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #154
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
B&N EPUB DRM is done -- I'm just waiting on feedback from testers before releasing. Actually, if anyone else is actually using B&N EPUBs yet, more feedback is better. PM me if you'd like to help test.

As for Topaz, how does one identify which books are Topaz, and/or could you point me at a few? No promises, but since I'm on a roll, I'll take a look.
I believe they either have an extension of .azw1 or .tpz. Plus, the start of the Topaz files do NOT have a standard .azw/.mobi header.

And you've got the B&N ePub DeDRM done? Wow! Where can I get a copy!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #155
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
B&N EPUB DRM is done -- ...
Whoop!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #156
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
The most interesting drm books to work on are the new BN epub with password protection; Topaz is junk and while it would be nice to have them free, the result will be most likely an ugly pseudo-scan
As for interesting for a programmer/coder to work on, you're probably right. Sadly, you are probably also right about Topaz. I'm not a programmer or a coder, so I don't know for sure, but my theory is that they're based on image scans, and therefore the results would still be image based and therefore not conducive to conversion. However, I'd LOVE to be proved wrong on this...
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #157
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:

I can send you about six of them... where do you want 'em sent?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #158
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:

Here's the link to a free Topaz book from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Confronting-Ch...1255668&sr=1-1
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #159
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The question is, if Topaz is DRM strippable, will a converter for Topaz be written?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #160
labba
labba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-books

first i would like to fix my application :
the error prolem : Error: no key found. maybe the PID is incorrect

just use the checksumPid function that is in the latest mobidedrm.py (v007)
and instead like i did : checksumPid(pid[0:-2])
just fix it to checksumPid(pid)

seconde:

I would like to thanks i♥cabbages .. i hope that my reversing have helped and i hope to contribute more in the future and continue working togather ...

Thats all..

Regards,
LaBBa.

Last edited by labba; 12-19-2009 at 06:47 PM.
labba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #161
stewball
Enthusiast
stewball has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500
B&N Epub

I bought a new B&N Epub the other day. Let me know if I can help.

Stew
stewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #162
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:

I hope you can figure out a program because I just bought 3 books that I thought were azw. but turned out to be topaz. DAMN! Now I have 3 useless books unless I can return them, (Can I?) what a way to spend a X-mas bonus from the boss.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #163
labba
labba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-books

just a littel reminder:
this topic is : Adventures in discovering the K4PC PID.
and not other readers.. so, this challange is far then over..

we just have found the location of the PID in the current version .. this doesn't means that we know what was the algorithem that made this PID for one computer.. so we still need to Reverse the Code and find the algorithem that made this PID and then we won't care if there is an update version of Kindle for PC..

Thanks.
LaBBa.

Last edited by labba; 12-19-2009 at 07:20 PM.
labba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #164
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaAnn View Post
I hope you can figure out a program because I just bought 3 books that I thought were azw. but turned out to be topaz. DAMN! Now I have 3 useless books unless I can return them, (Can I?) what a way to spend a X-mas bonus from the boss.
Amazon has a 7-day return policy on ebooks.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #165
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I want to thank i♥cabbages and labba for all of their work on DRM removal.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote