Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 11:04 AM   #136
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1ro View Post
Hi, I'm using Kobo glo hd, on an old firmware, the new sqlite3 doesn't work on it:
sqlite3: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.16' not found (required by /usr/local/AutoShelf/libtinfo.so.5)

The Icon is showing up fine.
The new version of this is for the new 4.6.9960 (and later) firmware. The older version is for older firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #137
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1ro View Post
Hi, I'm using Kobo glo hd, on an old firmware, the new sqlite3 doesn't work on it:
sqlite3: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.16' not found (required by /usr/local/AutoShelf/libtinfo.so.5)
Thanks for reporting it. I have to find a better solution obviously. (That's why I had a static binary originally, to be rid of these dependency problems - that's of course until it stopped working. Kobo always coming up with new ways to break my mods )

There are no other changes (in terms of functionality) so you're fine sticking with the old version of this mod if it works for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2017, 01:38 PM   #138
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Thanks for reporting it. I have to find a better solution obviously. (That's why I had a static binary originally, to be rid of these dependency problems - that's of course until it stopped working. Kobo always coming up with new ways to break my mods )

There are no other changes (in terms of functionality) so you're fine sticking with the old version of this mod if it works for you.

I do not want to force the static binary included in KSM on you. I just mention it in case you overlooked my post.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:42 PM   #139
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I do not want to force the static binary included in KSM on you.
I'll be happy to use it... did you build it yourself?

To be honest I'm still not even entirely clear why it stopped working in the first place. Never encountered this kind of problem before.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:54 PM   #140
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
I'll be happy to use it... did you build it yourself?
Yes I did. However, regarding the details, I could not recall them already in 2014 (cf. this post).
Attached Files
File Type: zip sqlite3.zip (250.7 KB, 255 views)

Last edited by tshering; 10-11-2017 at 01:59 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2017, 04:12 AM   #141
h1ro
Enthusiast
h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
None at all, since I can read the error easily Just wanted to spare others.
The old version is still doing it's job, and it got a hell lot of usage in the last years.
Thank you again for this very small, elegant solution!
h1ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:35 AM   #142
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
frostschutz, and can change the separator somehow?

instead of "/" make " • " for example

that is to collections were:

Peter Brett • The Demon Cycle

Last edited by Semwize; 10-28-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:05 PM   #143
frostschutz
Linux User

If anything it would be "Peter Brett • The Demon Cycle • " because it currently uses "separator at the end" to identify shelves created by autoshelf (and to be removed if the folder no longer exists, or on uninstall).

It's not possible currently because it's hard coded but I can add such an option. Not sure if the • character would actually work, never tried it.

Also there probably would be confusion if the character you pick also appeared in a folder name. That's why the default choice is / as that is the directory separator character reserved for this purpose...
Old 10-28-2017, 12:35 PM   #144
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
default choice is / as that is the directory separator character reserved for this purpose...
It is clear, I just wondered is it possible to change to another kind of symbol.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:41 PM   #145
frostschutz
Linux User

Updated it to use fbink instead of pngshow (AutoShelf icon didn't show up on some readers).

No other change so if AutoShelf works for you, no reason to update.
Old 12-22-2018, 04:09 AM   #146
palemobile
palemobile can name that song in three notespalemobile can name that song in three notespalemobile can name that song in three notespalemobile can name that song in three notespalemobile can name that song in three notespalemobile can name that song in three notespalemobile can name that song in three notespalemobile can name that song in three notespalemobile can name that song in three notespalemobile can name that song in three notespalemobile can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thanks to the author for this nice utility.

Working good on the Kobo Clara HD.

I was missing very much some sort of directory browsing on this device.
palemobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:51 PM   #147
tumbi
tumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Forma
I just came across this thread and had no idea we have an option for nested shelves (eg: James Patterson\Alex Cross and \James Patterson\Novels and James Patterson\Confessions ... etc)

I have been using Calibre to have shelves (or Collections like James Patterson) on the Kobo, but it would be really nice to have another level of nesting, or shelves within shelves. But....

As a relative newbie, I need some help to get Autoshelf installed and working. I have only recently managed to learn how to patch my Kobo Forma and am running a patched version of 4.12.12111 so can someone please explain how to add Autoshelf to my configuration here. And speak slowly please - I am new here.

Last edited by tumbi; 12-22-2018 at 07:53 PM.
tumbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 05:30 AM   #148
frostschutz
Linux User

There is no nesting, this is a limitation by Kobo. AutoShelf merely emulates nesting by naming collections as "x", "x/y", "x/y/z" (according to directory structure), but in the end, it is still a flat view. You can probably do the same thing with the Calibre addons for Kobo collection management, if you configure it accordingly.

The key difference between Calibre and AutoShelf is that AutoShelf runs directly on the Kobo, so it creates collections without the help of Calibre. So if you like to be independent and like the way AutoShelf creates collections, you may be happy with AutoShelf; if you're happy with Calibre and the way it manages collections, AutoShelf won't give you anything else.

Installing this addon (like most other Kobo addons) is a simple matter of copying a KoboRoot.tgz file onto the Kobo. See the first post for details. If you need further help please ask more specific questions

Last edited by frostschutz; 12-23-2018 at 05:39 AM.
Old 12-23-2018, 07:34 AM   #149
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbi View Post
I just came across this thread and had no idea we have an option for nested shelves (eg: James Patterson\Alex Cross and \James Patterson\Novels and James Patterson\Confessions ... etc)

I have been using Calibre to have shelves (or Collections like James Patterson) on the Kobo, but it would be really nice to have another level of nesting, or shelves within shelves. But....
As @frostshultz said, the collections are flat, but you can sort of simulate it by putting slashes in the names. But, if you are using calibre to manage the books, there is probably no advantage in using AutoShelf. You can create a custom column in calibre that produces the collection names you want and use that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #150
lyldz
lyldz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
sorry budyy but ı am the newbie on kobo

using clara hd.this tricks work on new firmware on kobo clara hd( firmware 4.12)

second question.i dont understand how use this .tgz files on device?

put in .kobo folder dont work for me?or extract files .kobo files dont work.,

sorry for my english. really i dont understand this .tgz files how we use it?
lyldz is offline   Reply With Quote