Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
Anna Drake
Zealot
Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Typography tips?

I design my own covers using Gimp. But I believe the three things most important for covers is typography (times three). Can anyone recommend a helpful book or article? I've tried web searches but haven't learned much.
Anna Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I list a number of free typography references on my personal web site:

http://mysite.verizon.net/william_fr...free-type.html

(ob. discl., I'm an Amazon Associate and maybe one day I'll actually make a few bucks at it)

I do list some free texts for TeX and I believe you'd learn a fair bit about typography reading:

- http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macr...oir/memman.pdf --- the first half of this is about typographic design and terminology, a good primer

Unfortunately, Dr. Asaf Degani's links have gone stale, and they're charging for the files now:

http://www.ntis.gov/search/product.aspx?ABBR=N9319970

but they seem to still be on archive.org:

http://web.archive.org/web/200312050..._Checklist.pdf
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
Anna Drake
Zealot
Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anna Drake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I missed this earlier. Thank you very much for the links!
Anna Drake is offline   Reply With Quote