Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-10-2017, 09:28 AM   #1
JPS
Connoisseur
JPS doesn't litterJPS doesn't litter

Device: iPad II
Bulk delete "Ids" ?

I have downloaded a lot of Epubs books, and "cleaned-up" the metadata, but I can't bulk-delete the "IDs:" ones !

Is there a simple way to do that, or will I have to do it one by one ?

Thanks in advance for any tips...

J-P:
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:19 AM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The "Library Codes" plug-in can optionally easily delete any and all Identifiers except for: ISBN; ISSN; Z*; DOI; and Identifiers created specifically by the LC plug-in, such as for OCLC, ISNI, LCCN, LOC_LCCN, OCLC-OWI, LC_AUTHORITY_NAME, VIAF_AUTHOR_ID, etc.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267108

So, it will optionally purge your books of Identifiers from Google, Amazon, etc.

Obviously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people find the Amazon ASIN Identifiers highly useful and even indispensable because of their Amazon software and hardware. Others, not so much. I personally do not, and use LC to delete all Identifiers other than those that it will never delete.

To delete "all" Identifiers, you could use the Bulk Edit Search and Replace function.

By the way, your example ISBN is the old ISBN-10 format. The LC plug-in will automatically convert them to the modern ISBN-13 format if you wish to keep them.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2017, 10:49 AM   #3
uli
Zealot
uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo, Calibre
In bulk search and replace (select a few books, edit Meta, tab Search and Replace), I use this template to delete junk identifiers and just keep ISBN and Goodreads:

Code:
{isbn:|isbn:|, }{identifiers:select(goodreads)|goodreads:|}
See attachment.

Tip: You can omit the select template and keep the rest to delete every id...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	junk.png
Views:	1135
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	159947  

Last edited by uli; 11-10-2017 at 10:56 AM.
uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:05 AM   #4
JPS
Connoisseur
JPS doesn't litterJPS doesn't litter

Device: iPad II
Hi DaltonST !

Many thanks for the tips ! I'll try that, to delete ALL "identifiers", despite my not_100_%english...

Cheers,
J_P.
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=207433

To remove all identifiers, use this
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	951
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	159990  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2019, 05:18 PM   #6
deadman36g
deadman36g began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by uli View Post
In bulk search and replace (select a few books, edit Meta, tab Search and Replace), I use this template to delete junk identifiers and just keep ISBN and Goodreads:

Code:
{isbn:|isbn:|, }{identifiers:select(goodreads)|goodreads:|}
See attachment.

Tip: You can omit the select template and keep the rest to delete every id...
I am actually wanting to build a templete to do the exact oppisite. Clear ISBN and Goodreads from identifiers. I am having trouble though, and could use some guidance. What I have used so far has either deleted everything or nothing at all.
deadman36g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:43 PM   #7
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Job Spy plugin has 2 different 'metadata' tools for mass-maintenance of identifiers.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:24 PM   #8
deadman36g
deadman36g began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
The Job Spy plugin has 2 different 'metadata' tools for mass-maintenance of identifiers.

Thank you, but I was hoping this was possible using the built-in Search & Replace option. Using a template, I have tried several combinations but nothing is working for me.
deadman36g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 04:45 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Use the following search & replace. Run it twice, once for ISBN and once for goodreads.

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	172575

It can be done in a single go by using a template by using list_difference to remove items from the identifiers list. I don't see the point in working this out if one isn't familiar with set arithmetic.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Use the following search & replace. Run it twice, once for ISBN and once for goodreads.

Attachment 172575

It can be done in a single go by using a template by using list_difference to remove items from the identifiers list. I don't see the point in working this out if one isn't familiar with set arithmetic.

I did not think of PUTTING back just ISBN without a value
Once again, the developers have thought of almost every option.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:48 AM   #11
tweebee
Enthusiast
tweebee doesn't littertweebee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post

Attachment 172575

Thank you for this!
tweebee is offline   Reply With Quote