Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 12:31 AM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Fire HD 2nd Gen [the one with the HDMI port] HELP!!

Ok so I didn't want the title too long I do need help! My PC said the Drivers needed Updated.... Says the PC knows it is there when connected thru the USB BUT Needs Drivers. Calibre ignores it. ALL was fine till about a week or so ago
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:42 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Ok so I didn't want the title too long I do need help! My PC said the Drivers needed Updated.... Says the PC knows it is there when connected thru the USB BUT Needs Drivers. Calibre ignores it. ALL was fine till about a week or so ago
What is your PC's Operating system?
The fire doesn't need drivers. The PC needs the drivers. You should get a pop-up window that says search for drivers.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It Not Win XP which is ALL I am finding. [Trouble shooting]
When I follow the link in the Fire all I end up is the Amazon Page selling the Basic Kindle

Last edited by Barbara1955; 12-07-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
It Not Win XP which is ALL I am finding.
Sorry I can't be of more help. We have Windows 7.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:48 PM   #5
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
When is the last time you rebooted both the Fire and the computer? Is Calibre updated to the mot current version?
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2017, 01:52 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I booted Both over several times the last 12 hours. I even too the Fire Back to Factory.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Now the PC says the Fire 2nd gen is there but needs a MTP file. So I DL it & installed on the PC.... a generic one as I cant find one for the Fire its self. Must be the wrong file as nothing has changed So I giving up till some that can help appears.

Connected the Fire 10 5th gen ... Its Not there now at ALL! sheesh

What the Heck is going on with PC & Fires????
Old 12-07-2017, 04:29 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Do other USB connected devices work okay?

Does the device manager show any exclamation points on anything?

Have you installed or updated any software or drivers to the PC since the last time the Fire connected okay?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:38 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Do other USB connected devices work okay? Not for the Fires. What does work is PW3, Kobo & Galaxy J3 Prime.

Does the device manager show any exclamation points on anything? Yes on the Fire 2nd gen

Have you installed or updated any software or drivers to the PC since the last time the Fire connected okay? Yes a New HP Printer & a New Cell Phone.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:40 AM   #10
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
the usual quick fix with fires and PCs is to connect it to a different USB port & not via a usb hub - that is often all it takes for stuff to come alive [ conversly the fix for PC and a Kobo not seen is to connect via a hub and not directly ]
also try both of connect then power on & power on then connect. and as a last resort, in a new usb port, shut down PC, conncct fire, boot up PC to force PC to see " new hardware" and to go find the driver
but curious? why do need to ever connect the fire to PC on usb, everything you need to move / copy can be done with apps ( like calibre connect), or by installing a fire manager and connect to your PC over your LAN e.g. if you want to copy over the apk files for google services, or youtube or dropbox
with any few fire, I put all the apps I may need in one easy to type named shared folder on my PC, find it on my LAN - copy all to fire's download directory. then for books etc I use CC to calibre content server
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:43 AM   #11
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Because I have Tons of Audiobooks & ebooks I side load. Pc is the pathway.
CC apps & many others even on Amazon Dont work on the older Fires.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:35 AM   #12
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
CC apps & many others even on Amazon Dont work on the older Fires.
not true- CC works on every fire model - I used on a 2012 Fire HD as well as on my recent ones
esfile explorer ditto- & it can fetch all your stuff from a shared folder on LAN - no cable needed
Old 12-08-2017, 06:41 AM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
ES File Explorer is malware unless you use an older version before the company was sold.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:44 AM   #14
stumped
Wizard

ye, that was an example name- i use xplorer app via google store but amazon store has some OK ones still. Malwarbyes found adware in amaze but there are a few with File at the start of the name that are probably OK
the point was that with asafe file manager on the device you can pull wahtever files you want over a lan, no usb connect to tablet is needed
Old 12-08-2017, 07:26 AM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Astro is still around in the ancient Amazon app store.

I just don't want our members devices hijacked because someone told them to install ES File Explorer. In the Amazon app store there really isn't a perfect alternative.

I don't know if I trust File Expert anymore but Astro is still the old version so it should be safe.

I'd be very careful in this day and age installing unknown apps. It seems like both app stores are full of intrusive adware and I'm not talking about a banner at the bottom. It's important to read reviews and just becareful because it seems Google is allowing it and making money off it. I'm not sure about Amazon.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote