Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 09-19-2015, 08:43 AM   #1
hack3rcon
hack3rcon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Thumbs down Read Persian PDF in Nook Simple Touch

Hello.
I have a Nook Simple Touch and want to read PDF in Persian language but Nook can't let me to zoom texts and some pages order are not OK.

Any idea to solve it?

Thank you.
hack3rcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Reformat the PDF with k2pdfopt. (Make sure to specify the RTL switch.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2015, 03:46 AM   #3
hack3rcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
How about Nook HD? It use Android OS and can it have the same problem?
Old 09-25-2015, 04:08 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hack3rcon View Post
How about Nook HD? It use Android OS and can it have the same problem?
No idea. In spite of the name, k2pdfopt can be used with any reader or app; it only uses the device model information to set the output size.

BTW, if your Nook HD allows you to install third-party apk packages, I'd recommend the free EBookDroid.
IMHO, it's the most feature-rich and customizable Android PDF reader app. For example, it has a Split pages right to left option that might come in handy for Persian .pdf files.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:09 AM   #5
hack3rcon

Thank you so much Sir.
Excuse me, Nook HD can have the quality like Simple touch? I mean is that Nook Simple Touch is like Paper but how about HD version?
Advert
Old 09-26-2015, 06:52 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thank you so much Sir.
Excuse me, Nook HD can have the quality like Simple touch? I mean is that Nook Simple Touch is like Paper but how about HD version?
Since I don't have a NOOK, I can't answer your question, but HD versions usually have a higher resolution.
Why don't ask about it in the NOOK forum?
Old 09-26-2015, 08:42 AM   #7
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Thank you so much Sir.
The Nook HD is a tablet with an LCD screen. The Nook ST is e-ink. Totally different screen technologies.

Quote:
No idea. In spite of the name, k2pdfopt can be used with any reader or app; it only uses the device model information to set the output size.

BTW, if your Nook HD allows you to install third-party apk packages, I'd recommend the free EBookDroid.
IMHO, it's the most feature-rich and customizable Android PDF reader app. For example, it has a Split pages right to left option that might come in handy for Persian .pdf files.
Thanks for software tips. I'm not familiar with that app and always looking for the perfect pdf reader on e-ink.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:00 AM   #8
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
Hi Doitsu, I just downloaded EBookDroid. It is quite good but I wonder if it can be configured to turn pages by swiping from left to right. When reading Chinese and Japanese PDFs where the text runs vertically and the pages go from right to left. It feels like going backwards when turning pages the European way. For that matter Persian and Arabic are written from right to left and the front of a book is the back of an European book.
I have look in the setting menus but cannot find any setting corresponding to the direction of page turns. Is there any other Android PDF reader that would allow this?
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:31 AM   #9
hack3rcon

Quote:
Thank you, I did it but I can't highlight the texts and create note

Any idea?
Old 09-27-2015, 11:56 AM   #10
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thank you, I did it but I can't highlight the texts and create note

Any idea?
Does the original PDF have a text layer? I.e., if you open the PDF with Acrobat, can you select text and copy it to the clipboard?

If not, k2pdfopt, has an OCR option, but it generally doesn't work well with cursive RTL characters.

If it does have a text layer, enable the native PDF output option.

Or consider converting the PDF file to an ePub with Calibre, if the Nook ePub app happens to support RTL text. (AFAIK, it doesn't.)

Tags
nook persian pdf