Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-06-2018, 07:54 AM   #1
nmackay
nmackay began at the beginning.

Connected, now what?

I have purchased and installed CC, on iPad Pro, set Calibre's Connect/Share to Wireless, it is on. I hit 'connect' on the ipad for the wireless connection, the wheel spins. It says it is 'connected' and doing 'initial sync'. Then nothing.

Also I highlighted a couple of books in Calibre and hit "send to device" This allows me only the option of "set default send to device action' and in turn this offers 'send to main memory' or 'Storage A, Or B' or 'send and delete'. I have absolutely no idea what is happening nor how to correct it. Ie I dont know how to get CC to send or fetch books from Calibre to Ipad, nor do I know where (if this ever happens) do they end up?

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by nmackay; 04-06-2018 at 07:56 AM. Reason: clarity
nmackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:56 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The fact that you see the Send to Device button means that *something* is connected to calibre.

When I connect as a wireless device, tapping the down arrow on the Send to Device button shows the following choices (screenshot):
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	163302

I don't know any reason why calibre wouldn't show you the first 3 lines.

As for where they end up, my understanding is that iDevices "sandbox" every app. CC stores the files in its own sandbox. As far as I know there isn't any way to look at these files.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote