Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-04-2017, 09:39 AM   #1
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Epubor says it can convert KFX books

I just heard about this today. From the information at https://www.epubor.com they've been around for a while but I've never read any mention of them in here, which surprises me. Is this old news and I'm just finding out?

Anyway, it's a $25 converter for all sorts of ebook files, including KFX, it says.

Does anyone know about this?

I read about it in another forum and the person mentioning it says it works well but that it creates files about 50% larger than those created by Calibre.

I didn't get it. Calibre is still doing just fine for me. But it's nice to know it's there if I need it.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:00 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

I wasn't able to get the link to work. I keep getting an "unable to connect" error. Perhaps their server is down. I've never heard of them either.

ETA: Here is the correct link. http://www.epubor.com/

You had "https" instead of "http".

ETA2: I guess we see now why this option wasn't discussed previously on MR. It appears to be a total ripoff.

Last edited by jswinden; 02-04-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Advert
Old 02-04-2017, 10:34 AM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
They are just selling the DRM Tools that are available for free from Apprentice Alf. If you read their documentation you find out that you remove KFX DRM by avoiding it. From this page:

Quote:
How to Convert KFX Books to EPUB/AZW3/Mobi/PDF

Method1: Convert KFX files from Kindle for PC/Mac

If we sync our downloaded KFX files on our Kindle via Kindle for PC/Mac, we won't get KFX file, but AZW book.

Method2: Convert KFX files directly downloaded from Amazon website
Enter Amazon website, log in it with your Amazon account. Then hover over the "Your Account" drop-down menu, select "Manage Your Content and Devices", you can see all your Kindle content here. Just find the KFX books you have downloaded via Kindle device, then tap the button under "Actions", click "Download & transfer via USB".
So "conversion" is actually avoidance.

I wonder what they plan to do now that K4PC version 1.19 delivers KFX.

Last edited by jhowell; 02-04-2017 at 10:45 AM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:25 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
They are a bunch of lying sacks of sh!te. They are not removing the DRM or converting KFX. They are telling you to download KF8 and use that for DRM removal and conversion. But they are calling the KF8 you've downloaded KFX.

Anyone that pays money for this rip-off software deserves to be screwed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:37 AM   #5
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Thanks for letting me know. I have Calibre so I don't really need it so I didn't read closely enough.

Also, sorry about the https. I copied and pasted the link so I'm not sure how that happened.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2017, 04:51 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Well I have 10 ebooks Calibre Wont convert! Pi$$e$ me off since at Christmas I got a Kobo for my Main eReader!!! Gusee Amazon Not happy with the eBooks I buy from them they want me to get their Crappy eReader too
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:06 PM   #7
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Well I have 10 ebooks Calibre Wont convert! Pi$$e$ me off since at Christmas I got a Kobo for my Main eReader!!! Gusee Amazon Not happy with the eBooks I buy from them they want me to get their Crappy eReader too
What version of K4PC are you using? If it just recently updated to version 1.19, you won't be able to convert any more books.

If you have 1.19, try downgrading to 1.17: http://filehippo.com/download_kindle_for_pc/70513/
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
What version of K4PC are you using? If it just recently updated to version 1.19, you won't be able to convert any more books.

If you have 1.19, try downgrading to 1.17: http://filehippo.com/download_kindle_for_pc/70513/
Don't use filehippo since here is a direct link to amazon.com.

Windows: https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindleforpc...1.17.44170.exe
OS X: https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindleforma...rMac-44182.dmg
Old 02-12-2017, 05:55 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Please note that more explicit help with DRM removal will need to happen at Apprentice Alf's blog, or Apprentice Harper's github repository, as we do not allow detailed discussion of DRM removal at MobileRead. Thank you.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:56 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Speaking as a member, rather than a moderator, if iyou have an ebook from Amazon or Kobo and you can read it on your computer, you should be able to remove the DRM. Ask at the places mentioned above.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:59 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Speaking as a member, rather than a moderator, if iyou have an ebook from Amazon or Kobo and you can read it on your computer, you should be able to remove the DRM. Ask at the places mentioned above.
Not always so from Amazon. If you have Kindle for PC 1.19.x, and you download KFX you cannot (currently) remove the DRM. You can't even convert it even if it has no DRM.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:04 AM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Not always so from Amazon. If you have Kindle for PC 1.19.x, and you download KFX you cannot (currently) remove the DRM. You can't even convert it even if it has no DRM.
Sigh. You have slightly missed my point. But I can't say more here!