Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #256
freename
freename began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 623 Touch Lux
Hello,

I would like to ask you if exist some free English - Pronunciation dictionary for Pocket Book 623. I would like to learn english pronunciation when I will read some english book.

Thank you for answer.
freename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:55 AM   #257
freename
freename began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 623 Touch Lux
So...? Is exist some English-Pronunciation dictionary for Pocket books?
freename is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2014, 06:38 AM   #258
matu
matu began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post
I just get my PB 360 and realize I was misunderstanding the embedded dictionary format: it's not the .dict (like dict.org) but seems to be a custom format .dic:
So I convert the french dictionary to .dic format:
http://godlewski.free.fr/wiktionary-...ary.org-fr.dic
Are some interested by another langages? (my datasource is wiktionary dumps)
Thanks a lot, do you still follow this thread ? Please could you post an updated version of this dictionary ?
matu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:07 AM   #259
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtanis View Post
So I made a new conversion from the original Babylon file and created a Greek/English keyboard and collate file and converted the dictionary to the PocketBook dic format. You can download it at http://www.theochem.ru.nl/~dtanis/fi...ylon_Gr-En.zip. The archive also contains the xdxf file (converted from the Stardict format) and the language dir which contains the Greek keyboard, the collate and the empty morpheme file. With these files and PB's converter program you can self recreate the Gr-En dictionary for the PocketBook if you want to change things or for the development of the morpheme file.

Does anyone still have the collates, keyboard and morpheme text-files? They were downloadable as Babylon_Gr-En.zip. Unfortunately, the link is dead and the users @Dtanis and @angelos_cy haven't been on this site for resp. 7 and 4 years. I have a Liddell-Scott-Jones Ancient Greek-English dictionary and I would like to convert it to pocketbook.

Last edited by Markismus; 12-02-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:46 AM   #260
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
Hi
I've looked for it in my old stuff but i didn't find it.
If that can help, here are all my locales.
May be you can build the files by yourself looking at other languages.
Best regards,
Paolo
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2019, 02:40 AM   #261
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Greek keyboard

Stupid me, why do it simple if it can be done complicated!
For the greek keyboard.txt, just use the keyboard file which is located at:
/ebrmain/cramfs/language/keyboard/EL.kbd
I've attached it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip keyboard.zip (542 Bytes, 184 views)
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:58 PM   #262
pocket-est
pocket-est began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Hello!

How are you getting the name to show in the pocketbook? I used the dict converter from the homepage and in the pocketbook there is only logo, no name.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200109_200011.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	176370  
pocket-est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:22 PM   #263
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket-est View Post
Hello!

How are you getting the name to show in the pocketbook? I used the dict converter from the homepage and in the pocketbook there is only logo, no name.
It most probably means the name field is empty. If you look at the dxdf-file before conversion, there are XML-tags around the dictionairy name. It’s either empty, missing, malformed or in an unreadable value. Open the file in a tool like notepad++, that’s UTF8 aware or convert.exe will choke on the result. Then edit the content of the name tag.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:41 PM   #264
pocket-est

The thing is, all the metainfo is in the xdxf file as far I see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsa.PNG
Views:	197
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	176374  
Old 01-13-2020, 03:09 AM   #265
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It needs to be
Code:
<full_name>
Like this:
Code:
<full_name>Wordnet dictionary</full_name>
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:25 AM   #266
Markismus
Guru

You could convert your dictionary using my script posted here in the thread Pocketbook dictionairy format revisited. It would at least give you a prompt to enter a name for your dictionary.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:15 PM   #267
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
You could convert your dictionary using my script posted here in the thread Pocketbook dictionairy format revisited. It would at least give you a prompt to enter a name for your dictionary.
Oh wow, that looks great!
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:46 AM   #268
pocket-est

I got it working by adding <full_name>Wordnet dictionary</full_name> to the file. Thank you!
Old 01-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #269
tropoy
Enthusiast
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo
Hi,
Is anybody has recover the "Nouveau Littré" Dictionnary from the Inkpad 3 (Vivlio) ?
I bought one Nouveau Littré few years ago, but I have two files : A ".dict" and a ".dict.idx". But it's not compatible with Inkpad 3. :/
Thanks
tropoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:07 PM   #270
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropoy View Post
Is anybody has recover the "Nouveau Littré" Dictionnary from the Inkpad 3 (Vivlio) ?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...17&postcount=4
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote