Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #31
Everett
Everett began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital novel
Is there a better PDF reader than the office suite? How do you upgrade the microsd card after the tablet software has been installed already?

Is the firmware installed on the microSD card?

Thanks!
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #32
Debrah
Debrah began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
Debrah, 1/14 actually partitions off half of the internal card to install apps on, so you should have plenty of capacity to install everything you need (500+ MB). You can use a card in the regular external SD slot to keep your books and other files on.

If you really want to put a larger card inside the machine, I'm pretty sure you could do that and use the updater program from Pandigital's site to "upgrade" to 1/14 again (on top of itself) which would then partition off half of whatever card you stick in there for apps space, with the remaining half available for you to stick other files in. (but verify this with someone more knowledgeable than me before you try it)

But really I can't imagine you would need more than the 500MB already available to you for apps.

Then just get a 4 or 8 GB SD card to stick in the top slot for your files.

Thanks for the reply Soondai. I'd read something about the partitioning after the upgrade, that's why I kind of figured it was too late. You're right, the existing memory is probably going to be enough, but I will do your suggestion about purchasing a larger SD card if need more. Thanks!
Debrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #33
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett View Post
Is there a better PDF reader than the office suite? How do you upgrade the microsd card after the tablet software has been installed already?

Is the firmware installed on the microSD card?

Thanks!
The firmware is on the internal drive. In practice, you should not have much at all to do with it.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #34
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Everett, AdobeX works very well. You do have to change the SDK on your machine to 8 to spoof the right version of Android.

See Rezz's comment at the top here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=112692&page=2

You'll need root access (see slatedroid)

Adobe9 is okay, too, and should install on stock
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #35
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I like RepliGo Reader Ver 1.1.0 for PDF's. You can still get the older version which has two modes (Page view & Read View). Basically this turns Text Reflow off/on). I just tried installing Repligoreader 3.1.0 and it doesn't install but then again I have the Canadian Black PDN @ Android 1.5 w/the earlier FW prior to Pandigital changing their upgrade process.

Anyone (Canadian w Black PDN/Kobo Reader) needing this FW just drop me a line and I will see about getting it to you.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #36
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How can I change the wallpaper on this thing?
Old 01-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #37
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Press and hold on the screen until the menu pops up. Wallpaper is an option.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #38
bobk
bobk began at the beginning.

Hello,

just opened a new novel 7 tonite and wanted to do the firmware update before using it much. I go to Pandigital site and run the link for doing the pc connection update. however I keep getting an error at point that it is checking the reader info, step 2. In device mgr it show a problem usb , s36410 adp device and I cant get past that point. Tried XP pro and vista ultimate machine with same results. Any ideas?
bobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:49 PM   #39
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Press and hold on the screen until the menu pops up. Wallpaper is an option.

Umm, thanks, but no dice.

How do I take a picture I like and make it a wallpaper? When access the wallpaper settings, the pictures are pre-populated for me.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #40
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

bobk, do you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (or later) installed on your PC? Says it's a requirement.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

otherwise, you might look into some of the custom firmwares available over on slatedroid that are built with this as a base. Willysjeepman (a regular here who is more savy than myself) highly recommends Kewlguy's (which can be flashed from your SD card)
Old 01-31-2011, 01:02 AM   #41
bobk
bobk began at the beginning.

Actually I did do the update on one pc after I noticed that requirement. thanks for checking.
I can see the usb drive and copy to and from it on the reader itself , but continued to get the error when using program link on site. I did find and download the 11/19/10 zip file for latest reader update but unsure where it needs to be to flash. IE on ext sd card or on internal memory and so forth. Most posts I find assume one already knows those minor facts--lol
bobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:04 AM   #42
soondai
Guru

the 11/19 is not the newest firmware. There is an 1/14 open platform (android tablet) firmware available thru the pandigital site.

if you want to flash 11/19, you can do it from the external SD card. just make sure it is the only zip file on the card, turn the PDN off, then turn it on holding both the on switch and the volume up switch for at least 5 seconds.

If you want an open platform firmware, I suggest you go over to slatedroid and use kewlguys 11/19 and 1/14 hybrid mod. I believe you flash it the same way, but just read his initial post to make sure. Or you can use roebeet's 1/14 mod (what I run) which you flash from the root of your internal microSD card. (note, you have to flash it twice if you are on a 2010 firmware)

But I advise maybe going with either the 11/19 stock firmware or the kewlguy hybrid.

If your machine has already been updated to the january open platform firmware and you try to revert back to an earlier one you can brick the machine. So once you go to 1/14 (unless you use the kewlguy hybrid) it is a pain in the butt to try to go back (though there really is not much reason to)

I have no idea what the error you are running into might be. you'll probably have better luck posting a question about it over on slatedroid.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:54 AM   #43
steven522
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, before doing any custom firmwares, I would call Pandigital support and make sure its not a bad Novel first.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:06 AM   #44
steven522

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
How do I take a picture I like and make it a wallpaper?
Some viewers such as "perfect viewer" has a "set as wallpaper" feature.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #45
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobk View Post
Hello,

just opened a new novel 7 tonite and wanted to do the firmware update before using it much. I go to Pandigital site and run the link for doing the pc connection update. however I keep getting an error at point that it is checking the reader info, step 2. In device mgr it show a problem usb , s36410 adp device and I cant get past that point. Tried XP pro and vista ultimate machine with same results. Any ideas?
I ran into that same problem. I have already updated mine with the 1/14 upgrade via the site. Then I read here on another thread that a new update was available(1/30). I decided to go ahead and try it. I know that it worked just a week or so ago, so I am thinking that there is something wrong on the Pandigital server.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote