Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #25471
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Make sure you look before you throw it back! Hate for you to hit Lucas by mistake....
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:46 AM   #25472
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyReader View Post
Wow.. I saw that awesome photo on my Flickr account about a year ago.. I thought Iwa Chin took that shot.. I didn't realize it until now that you did.. Awesome..
Thanks, but it's NOT my photo. I got it from a Google Image Search. There are hundreds just like it, and some that I shot too. I just don't have access to my old photos until my boxes arrive (The reach the Port of Bangkok today. I won't get them until the end of the week... if I'm lucky.

Drinking an afternoon iced tea and loving it!

EDIT: The photo that I said was shot from my widow is mine. The one of the release isn't.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #25473
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Tea number one. Up early on another dismal, dark, rainy, hot day to get my knee checked out.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #25474
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Lots pf Seven SOns Puerh today. Getting ready to make something else in a few minutes.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #25475
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Happy Canada Day, everyone! Celebrating here with a bit of Anniversary Breakfast Blend tea while I watch the Tour d' France that I recorded earlier on my TiVo. This is the third day on the island of Corsica, and it's really a beautiful island. Who'd have known? This is the first time the Tour has been to Corsica in the 100 Tours, and it's been a roaring success. And will have done the tourism industry on the island a world of good!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #25476
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I remember Grandpa telling me that I was born as the
sun was comin' up early in the morn.
Told me I was born early in the morn.

When you lift your eyes and see the sun a-risin' on
the far horizon early in the mornin'.

It was early in the day when I set out to roam.
Kissed my love and went
to seek my fortune far from home.
I set out to roam far away from home.

But today when I awoke I missed my darlin' so. Gotta
have her by my side forever more I know.
Need my darlin' so. Evermore I know.

So tomorrow I'll be leavin' at the break
of day. Gonna hurry to my love and there
I'll always stay.
At the break of day. There I'll always stay.

When you lift your eyes and see the sun a-risin' on
the far horizon early in the mornin'.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeWsoPwewDo )

Good morning, all! Another beautiful sunrise... Seems to happen every day when your windows face east and your high up over the town. The Food lady gave me something really delicious this morning... I could recognize Thai eggplant and green beans, but there was some kind of minced meat in it. perhaps chicken, all in a tangy red curry sauce. I have to go back down and ask her the name of this one. A bit spicy, but really goooood! Along with a veggie omelet and a big mug of Ceylon tea, it was a nice way to start the day. Meeting with friends for lunch, a few chores to do, then it's a jam session tonight. The more I play this new guitar, the more I like it. It's got a very powerful mid-range to it, and the bass can be felt!

Time to start thinking about wheels... I got out of town yesterday in a mini-van, and it made me realize I was spending too much time in the center of town. I need to get out into the hills. I took some friends to see some ancient stone carvings of the Buddha that I knew of, and when walking, automatically fell back into my "keep an eye out for cobras" jungle walking mode. I guess it's like riding a bike. Not much call for it in Japan, but here, any time you are outside the city, it becomes a requirement.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A-kiss-is-just-a-kiss.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	107545  
Old 07-02-2013, 03:32 AM   #25477
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyReader View Post
If you are a TEA hound.. have you been to the Chiang Mia Tea House yet?.. Awesome place..
No, I haven't. It didn't exist when we last lived here, and I haven't stumbled across it as yet. Where is it located? The only thin I've seen so far, tea-related, is a little shop in the Galare Market off Changklan Rd, but that carries mostly greens and oolongs. I'm predominantly a black tea drinker. I did pick up some oolongs from the owner, but mostly to be diplomatic, not because they were wonderful brews. She worked so hard at having me sample half a dozen different teas I felt I needed to at least compensate her for her labors.

Enjoying an mid-afternoon mug of Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea, and waiting for the electrician (or someone like him. )

Stitchawl
Old 07-02-2013, 05:19 AM   #25478
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Places DO burn down on every holiday here... But it doesn't seem to slow down the festivities. This is just ONE RELEASE in one city..... The releases go on steadily all night long in EVERY city. These balloons are called Kum Loy in Thai, and are released by people on EVERY holiday. but the biggest number are sent up on Loy Krathong, the Thai New Years.
We've just had a big fire here in the Midlands because of a Chinese Lantern... Caused a 6,000 foot smoke plume.

Black coffee brought to me by my lovely wife (she's always lovely when she makes something for me ).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #25479
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sencha. It ha been a while and I do enjoy it. It helps that I actually ate well yesterday so didn't wake up feeling sluggish. And Lucas has been sleeping through the night for the last week so I am actually getting sleep.

YEAH!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #25480
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
A lunchtime Coke Zero.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #25481
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Time for one more cuppa before I head off for tonight's jam session. A 'Ceylon High Mountain' is my choice. Although everyone else will be drinking beer, being the good boy that I am, I'll stick to club soda with a twist. My boxes should be here by the end of the week, and there's a wee bit of Bombay Sapphire that somehow got packed instead of given away. I can't figure out how that happened?!?

Stitchawl
Old 07-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #25482
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Is your wife with you now or is she still in Japan?

Two steepings of the Honyana Sencha and getting ready for a third. Finishing something at work then it is off for a quick walk. I am trying to get two fifteen minute walks in at work and time at the gym. Yesterday I hot 15,000 steps which made me happy. Loving my fitbit mainly because it is helping me focus on getting up and moving. It sounds silly but I think that many of us are so accustomed to sitting infront of a computer at work, that we forget to move. And then we get fat. I want to maintain my new healthy weight and that means consciously changing my own habits. If it takes a fitbit to track my movement, then so be it.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #25483
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Ok...I finished a 100km run in Saromako Lake in Hokkaido on SUNDAY...a few hours later it was onsen"hotsprings' Sauna for an hour and 3 hours of drinking...I still feel like a square tire on a lopsided moped and I am now drinking cheap GIN on the rocks....Beefeater and have a blister the size of Sicily... guess I PICKed a bad week to quit drinking..
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #25484
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

That is a lot of steps. May I ask why you would want to run that far?

Granted, I still am baffled that so many people want to run a marathon. Or a half marathon. Or to the store. (winks)

I have bad knees and arthritis in one hip so running and I do not get along. The occassional sprint on a softball field is just fine thank you very much.

Then again, I can't see walking a Marathon. I did some 20 mile walks for charity as a teenager.....
Old 07-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #25485
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
WHY? Running mainly to keep from getting Fat... me no like...on myself...Twas just a small hobby...but it has morphed to my main interaction with Japanese people who treat me as a Runner not as a "foreigner"... it is much harder to find a niche in Japan than say in Russia where I lived prior...Plus the insanity of the distance intrigues me. I did my first Marathon in Sasayama... a town about as old as Kyoto but much smaller.... 42.2 seemed like forever then..now it seems normal... half-marathons are easy now... not sure.. guess as I get older I would rather be ok at one thing then terrible and many...which I was in my youth...I'm still terrible at many things but I like to run and drink. The last 10k of my 100km I listened to an audiobook...helped me to forget the blisters I had been running on for two hours...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?