Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
bettina
bettina began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Can l use Calibre for both Kindle and iTouch?

How do I set up Calibre to work with both Kindle (vers.2) and iTouch? My Calibre is set up to take books and format them for Kindle but unless I bought the books on Amazon I cannot download them from my Kindle to my iTouch. Kindle seems to only download to iTouch from its own archive so I can't get them that way. I have installed the Stanza app on my iTouch to accomodate those that are on my Calibre and Kindle from other sources but I don't know how to proceed. Can anyone help?
bettina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You cannot push any eBooks though the USB port to the iPod Touch. You have to have a place to download them from and where that place is depends on what the reading app allows.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
bettina
bettina began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre to Stanza

How do I take books from my Calibre library and get them on to my iTouch? I have installed Stanza on iTouch but do not know how to proceed. I have my Calibre set up so that the preferred output is azw for Kindle. Can I simply go in and alter it to something different if I want to put an epub format on to the iTouch? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
bettina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
sjohnson717
sjohnson717 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle, Apple iPad
Convert your books to epub format.
Load Calibre and go to Preferences / Content Server.
Click on "Start Server." (If you think you'll do this frequently, also choose "Run server at startup" so the server will start every time you run Calibre.

Now go to Stanza on your iTouch (or iPhone). If you're reading a book, tae the screen and choose the left-arrow icon to go to the main screen. Click Get Books and you should see "Computers Sharing Books" with the name "Books in calibre" and your computer name. Pick a book and choose "Download." It'll take a few moments and then you can start reading.
sjohnson717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
meso123
meso123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Message is "network unreachable"

I am trying to send some books to stanza on my iPod Touch. I made a mistake with the username and password for the calibre server. I keep getting the message "network unreachable". How can I start over and have stanza ask me for the password again?
meso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
meso123
meso123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I am okay now - I powered the iPod off/on and was again asked for the calibre server username and password. Thanks to JSWolf for explaining how to get items on to my iPod Touch. (After I send my items to the Kindle, I then converted them to epub and followed your directions.)
meso123 is offline   Reply With Quote